• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Steaks and snow!

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
Nothing fancy. Had a few New york strip steaks that needed a little reverse sear. Fired up the mini-wsm, Kingsford Blue, cherry, pecan. Ran the smoker at 200°, then seared the steaks off. Gotta love the mini for that! Served with garlic mashers and steamed broccoli.

Swimming in Worcestershire for a few hours.

Prepping the mini, just starting to snow!

The BBQ guard pig doing his job.

Fresh off the grill. I cancelled the sear. I got distracted and didn't get them out of the smoke in time. I didn't want them over cooked!

ENJOY!!!!

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
Looks great even without the sear.

snorkelinggirl

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 15, 2012
I love the color on those steaks. I agree, far better to skip the sear than risk cooking your meat well done (shudder). Your BBQ guard pig is doing a fantastic job, BTW.

Have a great day!
Clarissa

smoke jenson

Smoke Blower
Joined Aug 20, 2011
MMM Strips are my favorite :grilling_smilie: They look great. good job. Searings overated IMO.

Last edited:

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012

Looks great even without the sear.
Thank you Adam!
I love the color on those steaks. I agree, far better to skip the sear than risk cooking your meat well done (shudder). Your BBQ guard pig is doing a fantastic job, BTW.

Have a great day!
Clarissa
Thank you Clarissa! The steaks were at the perfect stage so there was no way I was going to sear them off and have (gasp) overdone steaks!
MMM Strips are my favorite
They look great. good job. Searings overated IMO.
We like them too! I agree with the searing. I usually only do it when there's guests to oooooooo and aweeeeeeeee!

disco

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 31, 2012
Great looking steaks. I love the colour you cooked them to. Perfect!

Disco

kc5tpy

Master of the Pit
Joined May 12, 2013
Great looking steaks.  Can't beat that pecan/cherry mix, going on the Christmas bird round here.  It was a shame you had to eat the potato and broccoli with only a little pat of butter. 
  LOVE that guard pig!  Keep Smokin!

Danny

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012

Great looking steaks.  Can't beat that pecan/cherry mix, going on the Christmas bird round here.  It was a shame you had to eat the potato and broccoli with only a little pat of butter. 
  LOVE that guard pig!  Keep Smokin!

Danny
Thank you! To make it even worse it wasn't smoked butter!

mdboatbum

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 22, 2011
I like the smoker among the Christmas lights. Very festive!! The steaks look great too.

seenred

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Feb 9, 2009
Outstanding, Case!  Looks delicious!  And love the pig. 

Red

driedstick

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 3, 2011
DS That looks great as usual I know that was some smoked butta on that Idaho spud right? - Very nice presentation. Keep it up

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
DS That looks great as usual I know that was some smoked butta on that Idaho spud right? - Very nice presentation. Keep it up :drool
Thanks DS! Unfortunately I need to smoke some more butter. Maybe this weekend I'll smoke some eggs for smoked deviled eggs and do se butter too!

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Looks Great Case!!!

Cooked to Internal Perfection!!

Bear

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.