STarting smokers with Propane Weed Killer?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I use one for my BDS. I dont singe the hairs off my arm by dumping a chimmny full of coals. Weed burner came with a long hose, and I hook it up to my spare propane tank (for the gas grill). Blast the charcoal for a couple of minutes, vola!

I use a bernzomatic handheld propane torch with trigger starter looks like this
11zcxmwqvlL._AA200_.jpg

I just start one spot for low and slow or 4-5 spots for searing/grilling

Propane torch with a hose for soldering plumbing pipes is great for lighting all of those pesky pilot lights that need to be "held" until the thermocouple kicks in.
wink.gif

One of them big boy leaf starters seems like they would work ok for starting other fires.
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

I have to say though, that the simplicity of a charcoal chiminey is hard to beat, that is, unless you set it atop of a catfish cooker! Be careful! You can really burn up your charcoal!
icon_redface.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky