Stainless smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gnappi

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Feb 9, 2016
Southeast Florida
After a couple of years of rusting my last smoker went to the dump so I'm looking at the old style smokers (see pic) but this time in stainless steel to see how well it lasts under the covered eave and covered to protect it from the Florida weather outdoors.

So, since I cannot store it indoors, other than raising the legs of of the deck and covering it does anyone have suggestions to promote its resistance to the weather?

Attachments

• SS smoker.jpg
    SS smoker.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: JLeonard
Not sure of the brands but there is different grades of stainless most of the grills and what have you a magnet will stick too which means more steel and less nickel i believe

Crazzy you are correct, more steel means less resistance to rust. I received it this morning and the only parts that a magnet will stick to are the grills.

This is made of marine quality stainless. Very happy with it AND it's made in the U.S.A!!!

Way to go Meco corp!

Well, it's been a long time since I had a smoker like this, but my first few sessions reminded me that without a grate below the charcoal can get smothered by ash.

So your liking it?

Jim
Yes so far. The SS water and charcoal bowls clean up in a snap, it's solid and at its price point is surprisingly well made. Though at some point in the "chilly" :-) south Florida winters I may need to mod the dual vent system to a single. I don't think it will be a good choice for colder climes.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky