• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Split Chicken in a MES with Q-View

hotburn76

Joined Jan 8, 2010
Put these guys in about an hour ago.  The seasoning is from a local BBQ catering that sells there rub in the local stores.  Smoking with cherry wood.  Will keep you guys posted.

Jason

Last edited:

pit 4 brains

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Dec 16, 2009
Them's some fine lookin yardbirds so far 

hotburn76

Joined Jan 8, 2010
Here ya go,  Just finished eating one and have the other wrapped for lunch on monday.  Tasted pretty good, skin was not a "crisp" as I would have liked it, but not sure if I can get that with my 275 max temps.  But the meat had a nice smoke to it and was plenty moist.   I am enjoying smoking, cooking in ouside when its 18 out is kinda fun!

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

Well I have to say that your yard bird looks pretty darn good to me. Now I hope you tell the guys at work that you smoked it too.

les3176

Master of the Pit
Joined Feb 10, 2009
they look good!!! Just make sure the bullies don't take your lunch at work!!!!!

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
The birds look good, nice color!

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.