Spinning Chicken Thighs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Nat Smith

Original poster
Nov 28, 2018
I was going to try and spin some chicken thighs on the rotisserie to impart some smoke flavor to the meat I'm putting in a chicken bog. We have a lot of meat to cook, so I was going to stack them on the spit like you would shwarma. Any reason I shouldn't do it this way?

None that I can think of. Sounds pretty good to me. Post pics of the results.

Chris

Sounds good to me . I think I would remove the skin , depending on which way the go on the roto .

Sounds good to me . I think I would remove the skin , depending on which way the go on the roto .
These are boneless and skinless thighs. I was going to push them all tightly together like al pastor or shawarma. I'm brining them for about 2 hours prior to the cook. I guess I'm just concerned that the center will take much longer to cook than the outside with them jammed together. Looking at a grill temp of 275°-300°. What do y'all think?

I had the same thought as you . I think it would work . Just temp before you take it off .

It turned out pretty amazing. Highly recommend. I did brine them for 2 hours before the cook.

Attachments

• 20181129_135600.jpg
    20181129_135600.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 34
  • 20181129_153241.jpg
    20181129_153241.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 34
Reactions: meatallica
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky