Spinning 2 Chickens 1st Time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mike,
Those look great. After my Vortex the rotisserie is my favorite addition to the Weber 22. If you want a seriously tasty bird see my Peruvian spinner post. The recipie is pretty easy for the marinade. The Aji Verde sauce that I listed is a really good complement, takes the chicken to another level.
Spinning is fun, set it and forget it. I love mine and encourage anyone who doesn't own one to make the jump.

Here's my recipie:

Aji Verde:
  • 2 green jalapeno peppers , seeded
  • 2 cups loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
  • 1 small clove garlic
  • 1 green onion , chopped
  • 2 teaspoons huacatay paste
  • 1 tablespoon aji amarillo paste
  • 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
  • 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/4 cup Cotija, Queso Fresco, or Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/2 cup good quality mayonnaise
Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until a smooth paste. Keep refrigerated for up to a week. I doubled everything because my wife and kids loved it.

Pollo ala Brasa Marinade:

1/3 cup Soy sauce
Juice of 2 Limes
5 cloves of Garlic
3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 tbsp Huacatay Paste (important)
2 tbsp Aji Amarillo paste (important)
1 tsp Dried Oregano
1 tsp Kosher salt
1 tsp Black Pepper
1 tbsp Cumin
Blend ingredients in blender and pour over chicken in gallon size ziplock for overnight marinade. Remove from marinade pat dry, skewer and roast. Make Aji Verde the night before if possible. I doubled this as well since I was doing two chickens. Also when grilling use Lump Hardwood charcoal, it imparts a better flavour than briquettes.

If you have a Latin Mercado nearby, they should have the Amirillo and Huacatay paste. Otherwise Amazon can help.

Bakerman

Last edited:
Reactions: MJB05615
Thanks, that recipe is interesting. Is it very spicy? If not too spicy, I'll try it. I'll look for the special ingredients. Appreciate the kind words and advice.

Those are 2 fine looking birds Mike!! That shot of the white meat appears to be perfectly cooked. I could see a great sandwich the next day after that dinner :emoji_wink: Very nice buddy.

Robert

Cool looking setup and great looking yard birds!

You will get the desired smoke-flavor figured out. Be sure to post again when you do!

Congrats on the carousel ride!

Last edited:
Those are 2 fine looking birds Mike!! That shot of the white meat appears to be perfectly cooked. I could see a great sandwich the next day after that dinner :emoji_wink: Very nice buddy.

Robert
Cool looking setup and great looking yard birds!

You will get the desired smoke-flavor figured out. Be sure to post again when you do!

Congrats on the carousel ride!
Thanks. The White meat did make great sandwiches the next day. Also made some Chicken Salad from the Dark, and it was pretty good. Yeah, I'm gonna keep trying slight differences each time til I get it where we need it.

Reactions: gmc2003
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky