Spicy Turkey?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kandl

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
We are having Thanks Giving with my wifes side of the family this weekend.  We have a small whole turkey and two bone-in breasts that I am going to smoke.  I want to do the whole turkey and one breast with a pretty tame SPOG seasoning maybe a little poultry seasoning. nothing spicy.  The other breast I want to kick it up a notch.  Maybe something Cajun style or perhaps a Buffalo smoked turkey with some Franks in the brine?  Anybody have any unique ideas for really turning up the excitement in one of these breasts?

First, I would detour from the ( off the shelf )  seasonings ; like Cajun , Texas , Montreal , most of these ( whatever the flavor ) generaly have a lot of Sodium and for most of us that is a no,no.
icon_eek.gif
frown.gif

Go to a Spice Specialty store ( if you have one close enough to go to ) , or mail order for the items you want. They will last a year ( and that's stretching it ) . Try to order as many Whole Spices you can get and grind the amount you need to get the flavor. The Store will gladly ship the requied amount of Spices you may need for your Recipes ( good rotation on the Spices is appox. every six months) , you should have no trouble getting the 2-3-4 Oz. of say , Salt ( Sea or Kosher ) .

There will most likley be more to chime in and add to the hint/list.

However you go with it , have fun and . . .

Inject it like Scarbelly wings! Franks and creole butter, we do that all the time on chicken thighs, breasts and even a whole chicken. Turned out great!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky