Spicy Pickled Eggs (With delicious Q-View)...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

brekar

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 24, 2010
Kansas City, Az
I am a big fan of pickled eggs, so I thought I'd show you some of the favorites around my place...

These are a version of my pickled sausage flavored eggs. To make those subtract everything but vinegar/salt/and the Sriracha...

These are another favorite in my house hold. They go well with a cold Boulevard beer or some Maker's Mark...

The basic ingredients...

The Iodized Salt I use to make salt water to boil the eggs in...

I boiled 30 eggs for around 25 minutes in salt water.

a5e011f0_100_2348.jpg

I mixed 3 cups of white vinegar with 3 cups of filtered water with 1/2 cup of sugar and 4 teaspoons of crushed red peppers.

I stirred this mixture until it was a rolling boil and the sugar had dissolved, then I removed it from the heat to cool a little bit...

2105f125_100_2349.jpg

Once the eggs where done boiling I submerged them into an ice bath until the water was ice cold...

eac7f2e5_100_2352.jpg

As the ice cooled I mixed the remaining ingredients into a bowl and dump them into the bottom...

A lot of Sriracha Chili Sauce...

3 teaspoons of Cracked Black Pepper...

1 teaspoon of Smoked Paprika...

1/2 teaspoon of Pickling Salt...

568e9136_100_2351.jpg

Here are a shot of 12 eggs preparing for another bath in Sriracha Chili Sauce (That's dinner sitting in it's rub while I finish the eggs in the background there)...

c63cdcba_100_2355.jpg

Here's the eggs covered in more Sriracha Chili Sauce just before I poured the hot brine into the jar with the eggs. (I used about 3/4 of a bottle once I was done)...

45976265_100_2356.jpg

Here is a shot of the finished product. 12 spicy eggs floating a delicious brine. I will give these at least 2 weeks to soak up all that delicious brine before I even consider eating them. I'll likely wait at least a month though...

ec68cced_100_2357.jpg

(And a money shot for all of the steak lovers)...

ed7cb7f4_100_2360.jpg

I hope that all of you enjoyed seeing them as much as I'm gonna going to enjoy eating them...

Looking at those eggs, I bet your wife buys a lot of Glade or Fabreeze...LOL

icon_cool.gif

My wife used to eat them things till she dropped them on the new wooden floor. The house stunk so bad for weeks. Now she has to eat them at the neighbors house.

You Arizonians must like it hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice job. would like to see them fully pickled

I've always wanted to try pickling eggs...those look great!  

Q: do you leave these out on the cabinet for a month or do you refrigerate them?  

@Boykjo - I definitely love them spicy. I got my love for pickled eggs growing up in Missouri. I first tried them when my family lived in Joplin and now I make them as often as possible.
 I'll post a shot of them once I break them out to eat. The last batch I made was a dark red outside and got lighter as it got closer to the yolk. Even the egg yolk had a bit of bite to it.

@Abigail - I don't leave them out, I refrigerate them as soon as they have cooled off to the point of being able to not burn myself on the jar. I put the brine directly onto the eggs while it's really hot, that way as it cools it sucks the lid down nice and tight, making a good seal.

They are in fact very delicious. I've made these several times before and they are always great. In about 10 or so days I'm gonna crack them open and enjoy 3-4 of them with a cold beer or 2...

Nice job on those eggs.  I could definitely handle a couple of those with a cold beer, and it's 8:11 in the morning...lol

Also, I have one of those little grills that I keep around just for doing steaks.  The grill is like 4 inches off the fire and it cooks a hell of a steak or burger.  Not much good for anything else, but worth keeping around just for that.  Nice job.

Just lookin' at those eggs makes me want to fart
icon_mrgreen.gif
icon_mrgreen.gif

Hahaha.... If you feed them to all of your hunting buddies during deer season, you will be the only one who gets a deer.... (don't ask me how I know)
biggrin.gif

They are in fact very delicious. I've made these several times before and they are always great. In about 10 or so days I'm gonna crack them open and enjoy 3-4 of them with a cold beer or 2...
OK I am kinda confused.. (it's ok I have a brain injury)  http://www.wsbtv.com/video/23479499/index.html  

Are the eggs in the pictured jar still in the shell??

Never seen pickled eggs jarred with the shell still on.

Craig

OK I am kinda confused.. (it's ok I have a brain injury)  http://www.wsbtv.com/video/23479499/index.html  

Are the eggs in the pictured jar still in the shell??

Never seen pickled eggs jarred with the shell still on.

Craig

LOL. They are not in the shell (I tried that once just to see what would happen. It's not good) I just meant crack them open as in crack the jars seal and eat them...

I though I'd give you guys an update on the delicious eggs that I have pickled.

I forgot that I had made these eggs until about a week ago until by brother-in-law found them in the fridge behind some beer, hence the empty case behind the eggs
pepsi.gif

As you can see they look plenty spicy and went great with a cold beer or 2...

All in all they pickled in that delicious brine for just shy of 2 months.

910f1d56_Picture050.jpg

d64a9be1_Picture051.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky