Spicy Pickled Eggs (With delicious Q-View)...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Man O Man them sound and look good.. Nice job
drool.gif

They were great. Nice and Spicy all the way through the egg without being overpowering. Plus the 2 months of pickling were apparently the right amount of time for a large amounts of eggs...

I was wondering when those eggs were going to show up.......... I am surprised they're not red on the outside like the ones with food coloring you buy at a grocery. Dont know why they do that but yours looks great with a little surprize.
jaw-dropping.gif
  some heat.............

Yeah the perfect little surprise, some good heat. I've had the red one's from the stores that have food coloring and I've always found them a bit tasteless and rubbery, but with good color. I'd rather have mine like these any day. Still soft yet firm, great spice and flavor even if the color didn't change, which honestly I've only had happen one time. When I made teriyaki flavored eggs and they came out a weird brown color
biggrin.gif

nice update to keep the thread alive....don't know how you could forget something so good looking for 2 months....you should let the brother-in-law root around in your fridge more often...who knows what delicacies are in there....some smoked cheese perhaps? I can see a jar of these going to the boys at the bar....soon

Nice spicy pickled eggs.

Did you use the cider vinegar in the recipe also?

Great job. I'd have to make those and promise to only eat them when momma is out of town!!

Gotta love Sriracha Chili Sauce. It's become the new catsup!!

I'm getting into canning, just started learning to smoke and make dry sausage.  So with the eggs, can they stay in the brine indefinately?  Or for long term non-refrigerated storage should you pressure can them?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky