Spices in bulk

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Can't recall who said it.

"Concerning spices,if you can't remember when you bought them it's time to throw it out."

Can't recall who said it.

"Concerning spices,if you can't remember when you bought them it's time to throw it out."
Must have been somebody young.  
icon_rolleyes.gif

The way I look at it is that if I can purchase 1 pound of spices for just a few cents or a dollar more than what you pay for a couple ounce container on your typical grocery store isle, I'll spend another dollar for the 1 pound container versus only enough to run out in a time of need.  I just got so tired of being in the middle of a recipe and not having enough of one spice or another to finish it.  If it doesn't last more than a few months I'm not out much, $3 to $5.  One things for sure, I won't run out in the middle of a mixing up something!

I found this place from a post on here and I buy spices and supplies from allot of different suppliers

but their bulk spices are by far less expensive than allot of their competitors

buying in bulk doesnt worry me if I think I may not use it all in a timely manner

I vacuum seal and freeze my supply until needed and it is as good as fresh

http://www.midwesternresearch.com

I've also used myspicesage.com and really like their pricing and quality. When I get the shipment, it goes into Mason jars that I then vacumn seal and store in the top of my panty.

E
That's a heck of a place to store them!

Sorry E---couldn't help myself.

Everybody mistypes, but some are funnier than others.

Bear

Yes, it was funny. My favorite of all time was when I sent an email to a client from my phone about an upgrade to an important component on a machine we make and the spell check changed my "castleated" nuts to "castrated".

E

That's a heck of a place to store them!

Sorry E---couldn't help myself.

Everybody mistypes, but some are funnier than others.

Bear

Last edited:
Yes, it was funny. My favorite of all time was when I sent an email to a client from my phone about an upgrade to an important component on a machie we make and the spell check changed my "castleated" nuts to "castrated".

E
Bought a 24" planer from Grizzly years ago.

It was made in Taiwan.

It had a tag on the power cord, that was supposed to say "This machine is factory wired'.

Instead, it said, "This machine is factory weird".

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky