Spare Ribs "Wet" For A Change

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thirdeye

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 1, 2019
The Cowboy State - Wyoming
XQL79hg.jpg

At home I'm not much of a sauce guy, maybe some on the table, or if guests prefer ribs saucy. Judging competitions I get some really great ribs and most are sauced, so that sort of fills my niche in that department. So, earlier this month I posted about a Memphis "Dry Rib" cook, and now I did a 180° turn with some "Wet Ribs". These ribs followed my standard procedure of two layers of rub on racks spritzed with apple juice, then hung in my drum smoker at ~250° or so, wrapped with a little apple juice, some agave and a couple pats of butter (not a stick like you see the TV barbecue guys using) until they probe tender..... but this time, instead of turning them over and setting the pouches back on the pit to firm up the bark, I sauced and let them glaze for 10 minutes.

4yFHuRH.jpg
8YroAAW.jpg
After about 4 hours these guys were ready for the wrap step.

jFPMU4A.jpg
At this point, the racks are tendered up, and have been turned over. I usually move the foil boats back to the pit to re-set the bark, but this is when I painted on some sauce and glazed them.

x1HrSio.jpg
I used Blues Hog Original, thinned out with a Carolina sauce for a vinegar bite, and Texas Pepper Jelly Rib Candy for some heat. I warm my sauce when thinning out, but let it cool down before glazing. This is a really light coat of sauce.
XQL79hg.jpg

NICE !! That's some pretty Ribs

Gary

Thanks for all the kind words. We had a nice meal, my neighbor got a rack, and I vacuum sealed two more meals worth.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky