Spare Rib Saturday

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

CSR

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 6, 2018
Chicago
Had a couple racks of spare ribs that I bought on a sale a while back for $1.49/lb. Have a home project I'll be working on this afternoon so I figured why not get something on early this morning and have it for a mid afternoon meal. Trimmed the ends and the flap, but left the tips on the rack at the recommendation of a co-worker. Light layer of mustard and rub and into the fridge last night. Will be getting the smoker going in an hour or 2 and then we will let the low and slow ride begin.

The guy helping me wants to do a sweet glaze, so he will likely get his wish on one rack if he so chooses.

Also stopping at the store soon to see if they have anything on sale that will be quick to throw on to accompany Porky and co.

Sounds good, how they turn out?

Chris

Got busy with the house project. They turned out much better than my previous efforts, although I still struggle with where the tips end and the rib begins. Ended up staying on the smoker for about 6.5 hours at 235-240 with a little bump to 280 when I added some sauce. Unfortunately due to the house project all I did was my normal rub and some sauce at the end, didn't get to try the brown sugar/honey glaze that was planned. I still don't even know the recipe for the glaze as it wasn't my idea.

Anyhoo, onto the photos. After their rub and before they got on the grill. Extra bits in the corner.
Pregrill.jpg

We are off and running...
Starting.jpg

Glazed with sauce and almost ready...
Glazed.jpg

Didn't get quite the pull back, but the meat was nearly FOTB with just enough bite.

On the board ready to cut.
Finished.jpg

The spoils of war....
Ribs.jpg

The smoke ring left a little to be desired, but overall I was happy I had the spare ribs versus the baby backs. After by first attempt with spare ribs I was ready to walk away..
Bonus shot, threw some stuffed peppers on while the grill was hot for leftovers...
peppers.jpg

Forgot to take the photo where I covered them with pepperjack cheese...

Those are some fine looking ribs my friend!
Very nicely done & congrats on making the carousel!!!
Al

Reactions: CSR
An honor to make the carousel! Already trying to figure out what to put on next weekend

Learning more every day taking in the wisdom on this site.

I'm doing some today hope they turn out that good.

Warren

Post em if you got em!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky