Southern Oregon Thanksgiving

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mr mac

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Oct 19, 2009
Doniphan MO
What a day it has been! It all started at 5:15 am when my wife called me telling me how cold it was in St Louis at the parade! I was all nice and toasty myself lying there sound asleep. It's just as well, I had to get up and answer the phone anyways!
icon_neutral.gif

My prep for today started yesterday morning when I built my brine (water, apple juice, salt, brown sugar, bourbon, peppercorns, allspice and cloves) and put the bird in the bath for the day.

Yesterday ended pretty much like it began with me prepping the brisket with mustard and my rub.

6 am and it is cold and foggy!

Preheating the Brinkmann (brisket & ABTs) and the Royal Oak (turkey)

Both are ready for the smokers...

Have them in and stabilized. Checking the temps through a pretty thin blue smoke!

Several hours later the brisket hits 160* and is ready for foil and then back to 205*

The bird getting close to the end and 165*

Brisket is at 200*, gets wrapped and placed in a cooler and the ABTs hit the grate.

Ready for slicing and smells heavenly!

A light pink ring but, by far the best brisket done by me with SMF help!

The turkey was tented for 30 minutes and is ready for carving.

ABTs are out and on the table.

What a great day! We had three turkeys (the other two were roasted in an oven) an mine was gone before the brisket and just after the ABTs! I feel great about that!

I hope everyone had a great day and remembered that everything we have is a gift from God.

Mac

Very nice there Mr Mac. I hope that you put it into the running of the turkey throwdown that I hear that we are having this year. But it all looks yummy and I'm sure enjoyed by many.

Great looking bird and brisket there...looks like you will be eating great..I love southern Oregon my family is from Trail and Bend Oregon..Spent quit a few years in Portland and Medford also.

Wow! Thanks for the kind words! I tell you, I absolutely loved serving the rest of the folks here and, from the feedback I got, they loved having me serve in this way!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky