Southern Milk-n-Honey Corn

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Southern Milk-n-Honey Corn

In a large stockpot add
2qt water, 2C whole milk, 1C heavy cream, .5C honey, 1 stick of butter, handful of salt, palmful Cajun spice and freshly chopped 1/2C Parsley and 1/8C Rosemary.
(Or whichever fresh herb(s) you prefer.)
Bring liquid to a slow simmer, add corn and bring to a boil.
Slow boil for 10 minutes.

0Br039K.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: mike243
Sounds just like the corn grandma Daye makes...she saves the liquid and makes a wonderful creamed corn out of it.
She may even incorporate a little of the liquid in her corn bread too, but I cant be sure...worming her recipies from her is TOUGH...lol...
Yum yum...thanks for sharing.

I despise the smell and taste of Rosemary. The other ingredients look great. I want to try this recipe. Will it be good without the Rosemary? Is there another herb I can substitute?

I despise the smell and taste of Rosemary. The other ingredients look great. I want to try this recipe. Will it be good without the Rosemary? Is there another herb I can substitute?
Sure, you can use any fresh herb(s) you like.
Parsely, Rosemary, Sage, Thyme, Basil, Cilantro, Marjoram and more.
Heck, even citrus zests go really well.

Reactions: Hawging It
I've used Thyme in a similar recipe. Tastes great...JJ

Reactions: Hawging It
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky