Jambalaya (Creole)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TNJAKE

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 26, 2019
Ridgetop TN🇺🇸
Howdy fellas and non fellas and people who think they are trees, animals, walls and lamps! Sitting around today watching college bowl games. Jambalaya was on the menu. Y'all are gonna want to give this a try as it's a flavor bomb. I'll start out with ingredients.......

1.5lb chicken breast
12oz Andouille sausage
1lb raw, pealed and deveined shrimp
14oz can crushed tomatoes
1.5c long grain white rice
3c chicken broth
1.5T slap ya mama plus .5T reserved
1t dried thyme
1t dried oregano
1/2t black pepper
1/2t crushed red pepper
1t filé powder
2t Wooster sauce
2-4 dashes Louisiana hot sauce
4 cloves minced garlic
1 large sweet onion
1 green bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
2 celery stalks

Dice up the bells, onion and celery (Cajun trinity)

Slice sausage into rounds, cut chicken into small cubes and peal and devein shrimp.

Get your pot heated up and add some olive oil and brown the sausage
IMG_20221231_174153.jpg

Once browned remove with slotted spoon. This is a flavor building meal so leave the drippings in the pot. Add more olive oil and throw in the chicken to brown. Add the half tablespoon of slap your mama that you reserved
IMG_20221231_174612.jpg

Once browned remove chicken and add the Cajun trinity and the minced garlic. Let it go until soft
IMG_20221231_175222.jpg

When soft add the crushed tomatoes, the rest of spices, Wooster, hot sauce and the sausage and chicken back in the pot. Let it cook for a few minutes to let the flavors come together
IMG_20221231_180614.jpg

After 10-15 min add the rice and chicken broth. Bring to a boil then cover and reduce heat to a simmer
IMG_20221231_180851.jpg

Let it go for around 30min stirring every few minutes or so until the rice begins to soak up the goodness. You may need to add more broth if it gets too thick. When rice is tender. Maybe 45min in add the raw shrimp and stir in and cover. Let it cook for 10min or until the shrimp is pink. Put it in a bowl, garnish with parsley and green onions, add some crusty bread and get ready for your tongue to slap you in the face!
IMG_20221231_185050.jpg

This stuff is delicious and there wasn't a drop left.

Hope everyone has a wonderful new year!

Attachments

• IMG_20221231_181230.jpg
    IMG_20221231_181230.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Appreciate it bud. As close as you are you have a standing reservation lol. Would love to hang out and have some good food

That will be on the list for next week for sure. Not sure how to handle the salt in the slap ya momma, but will work that out.

Looks like a plenty of beer meal. Yum

Reactions: TNJAKE
That will be on the list for next week for sure. Not sure how to handle the salt in the slap ya momma, but will work that out.

Looks like a plenty of beer meal. Yum
Appreciate it ray. You could leave the 2T of slap your mama and use no sodium broth. 2T isn't alot for a big meal like this. I'm on bp meds and feel great lol. Also tony c has a no salt Cajun seasoning or you can mix up your own. I just really like the slap ya mama and find it less salty than it's competition. Hope you will give this a go and let me know if you have any questions

Wow! That is reservation worthy! Incredible cook, top notch as always, and I can’t wait to try it! Top of the list. Thank you for sharing Jake!

Reactions: TNJAKE
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky