South Florida FNG #2

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

roadkill cafe

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 28, 2012
South Florida
Just droppin' by to introduce myself. My name's Steve and I'm a long time griller, newbie smoker. From the looks of it South Florida is represented well on this forum. I'm in the Deerfield Beach area, which for you non-Floridians is just a little north of Ft. Lauderdale. I just got a Master Forge Propane Dual Door Vertical Smoker, which I had to make some mods to already. I posted the mods w/pics on the review thread of this model. I look forward being a part of this forum and have already gotten some good ideas. I plan on taking the e-course to get some more of the basics.

fc88c9d4_welcome.png

Welcome Steve!

I am just a south breeze of smoke north of you in Boca.  I thought I could smell some ribs yesterday.

As soon as the wind shifts from the north, you'll catch a whiff of mine. 
biggrin.gif

Welcome to SMF glad you joined us. You'll find lots of good info and some great recipes here. You'll find the whole state to be pretty well represented. Have fun and happy smoking

icon_cool.gif

First off welcome to SMF there Steve. You'll really like this place for there are a bunch of really good folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking meat. Then if you have any questions you just post them here or yu can try in chat for a faster answer. If you are really new to all of this I would recommend that you look up and take the e-course. It is free and it will also give you the basics on smoking. So with all that said now go and get something to smoke.

Welcome To Your New Addiction

welcome1.gif
 to SMF Steve. You have come to the right place for smoking info. This site is loaded with great info just use the search bar at top of page to find what you are looking for. If you can't locate the answer just ask folks here are willing to share there knowledge. I suggest you take  the 5 day e-course on smoking its chuck full of great info.Smoking  5-Day e-Course

Just droppin' by to introduce myself. My name's Steve and I'm a long time griller, newbie smoker. From the looks of it South Florida is represented well on this forum. I'm in the Deerfield Beach area, which for you non-Floridians is just a little north of Ft. Lauderdale. I just got a Master Forge Propane Dual Door Vertical Smoker, which I had to make some mods to already. I posted the mods w/pics on the review thread of this model. I look forward being a part of this forum and have already gotten some good ideas. I plan on taking the e-course to get some more of the basics.

Welcome Steve!  Looks like we got another guy from Beerfield!

First off welcome Steve! Im in Fort Lauderdale so just south of you.

Rippin' sorry i must have missed your intro but also welcome, glad to see South Florida guys here.  For both of you check out this link from the South Fla Gatherhing we threw last year

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/112802/south-florida-gathering-picture-thread

Also check out this group that SmokinAl put together

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/groups/show/11/south-florida-smf-gathering

We'll be doing this again this year, should be bigger and better! Also maybe the 3 of us can meet up one weekend and do some smoking!

Steve-o  WELCOME ABOARD. you are at the right place for all your smoking needs. Great forum and Great people to boot. "UP IN SMOKE" from Texas

Thanks Doug. I was checking out the pics from the gathering. Looks like all had a good time and all involved in setting it up did a great job, yourself included! I know the area it was held in well. Many moons ago we used to take the 3 wheelers up there to Fisheating Creek Eastern Wilderness and camp out. Also, I lived in Sebring for a brief bit. Once I get proficient with my smokes maybe well hook up....Steve

First off welcome Steve! Im in Fort Lauderdale so just south of you.

Rippin' sorry i must have missed your intro but also welcome, glad to see South Florida guys here.  For both of you check out this link from the South Fla Gatherhing we threw last year

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/112802/south-florida-gathering-picture-thread

Also check out this group that SmokinAl put together

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/groups/show/11/south-florida-smf-gathering

We'll be doing this again this year, should be bigger and better! Also maybe the 3 of us can meet up one weekend and do some smoking!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky