Sous Vide Top Round Roast. Excellent results!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SittingElf

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 17, 2018
I pulled a 5lb Top Round Roast out of the freezer to make dinner and sandwich meat for my wife to take to work everyday for the week. (She is a senior Air Force Commander and rarely can get out for lunch!). The goal was to make this lean and tough meat end up tender, juicy, and tasty! Success. (Took Bear's times into account, and seemed to be the right selection)

I love the way that texture can be so well modified via sous vide, and perfect selection of doneness by temp settings. Seared for bark with a flamethrower!

Great job on the video. You recommended sous vide to me a few weeks ago. I went ahead and purchased one. First cook was 30 hrs on a chuck roast. Very tender and beefy. Leftovers made an awesome chili.

Good luck with your cooking channel on YouTube. I'll be watching for more.

Nice job elf, the video looks professional.

Chris

OK, now I am going to have to try one. I have had the Anova Sous Vide unit for a while now.

That looks absolutely delicious.

Thanks for the video, and keep up the good work!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky