Sous vide skirt steak vacuum bag question and offered opinions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fxsales1959

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 17, 2019
PembrokePines, FL
Hey Y'sll,
I'm going to be a pain in the ass with this new SV until i get a few under my belt. We usually do chicken wings on race day, but since it's Memorial day I wanted to step it up a bit. I have a real pretty 3 lb-ish skirt from Winn Dixie's last sale. First question, will i really gain much by the SV part of this cook? I typically marinate in a teryaki/wash-your-sis-ter/ lime juice and balsamic bath for 24hours, the turn the MB 560 up to Hell, and do the quick sear/braise, rest and cut correctly. since this is thin sliced for fajitas is it overkill to SV or do business as usual? If I do SV will it matter if the strips are folded over in the suck (vacuum) baG? I've got hunderds. so using more is not really an issue?
thank you for your wisdom.
john

I also like to use a torch for the sear. It does the least amount of cooking while giving a good sear

I had some say on my first ribeyes i should have just grilled them.
Well , maybe ,,,, yeah ,, but how do you know what you like if you don't try it ? You can make a great steak either way .
As far as flank steak type stuff . I like your usual way , but if I do SV I like the hot cast iron finish for this stuff .
Dry the meat , then into a dry pan on the first side . Add butter at the flip .

Reactions: sandyut
I agree with chopsaw chopsaw You dont know unless you try. I like them grill or SV. Depends on the weather and mood and what else I got happening.

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky