Sous vide hopes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kruizer

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Sep 7, 2015
Central Minnesota
I just ordered an Anova Nano and I am in hopes of having a good product. The only negatives seem to be that the blue tooth and wireless connections seem to be sketchy at best but for me that is not a great concern. This unit seems to be first or second choice among the commercial reviews available on line so that is why I chose this one. What say you all?

Anova is what I have and to me it was a great choice. I don’t think you will be disappointed. Bluetooth is a little weak but seems to work fine line of sight inside the house. Gets a little sketchy for me if unit is running in the garage. The real question is why do you need it anyway?

Weedeater

Anova's a solid choice. My Anova unit is their original one that I got around 5 years ago and it's still going strong after a lot of usage during that time. Back then they didn't offer Bluetooth or WiFi, which is fine with me, but my unit does have higher wattage than the models they currently offer.

I've got two Anovas . 800 and 900 watt version . Use them all the time . Your going to like it . Some other brands had to use the blue tooth to turn the unit on and adjust . Not so with Anova . I set mine up on the unit , but do connect the blue tooth . I did have it alert me once , power had flashed and the unit was off . Middle of the night .

I finally took the plunge and bought the Anova...works great for me. No issues with dropped signals, but only used it maybe 6 times. Also...no really reason to watch it since the whole point of sous vide is a very consistent temp.

After reading all the sous vide stuff on here, I had to try it.

I sous vide these drummies and then sauced them in a wok with oyster/honey/garlic sauce.

Attachments

• IMG_0362.jpeg
    IMG_0362.jpeg
    179.5 KB · Views: 8
I have a Anova and the only bad thing I can say about it is the Bluetooth doesn't work at all for me anymore

I have a Anova and the only bad thing I can say about it is the Bluetooth doesn't work at all for me anymore
Hey bud ,, I haven't had time to look into this , but mine stopped working the other day . I had the SV goin , but also had my TP-20 runnin with the smoker . Not sure but I think they conflicted somehow . Had to re add the anova to my phone , and re sync the 20 with the receiver . Both workin again .

Chopsaw I was wondering if something like that might be the problem. Amazing it won't connect to the phone 3' away but connects to the truck that's 50' away from the backdoor and outside

That might be your trouble . Delete from the truck . I had a 2 device problem with my Inkbird .

Well I don't have an Anova, I have a 1200 watt Gourmia, actually I have 2 of them, and they both have wifi & bluetooth.
But I never use either one, so I would have been better off buying a less expensive unit without the wifi & bluetooth. I just set it up, right on the unit & turn it on. The only thing I use the app on my phone for is suggested times & temps, but as you will find out there is a wide range of times & temps for just about any thing that you put in the SV. So keep good notes & when you find the right time & temp for YOU, then you will be all set. But it does take some experimenting though.
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky