Sous vide Duroc pork tenderloin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Heritage Breed Duroc pork tenderloin , fresh blackberry Dijon mustard sauce , Turnip Havarti cheese and Dijon purée , roasted cherry tomatoes with red pearl onions and black trumpet mushrooms. Pork was dry brined with kosher salt and fresh pepper then sous vide @ 138F for 3 1/2 hours with fresh rosemary , thyme and black trumpet mushrooms then reverse seared. Sauce is both savory and sweet which nicely compliments the tender juicy pork. Roughly 3 cups berries, 1/2 cup sweetener (I used swerve), 4 T Dijon, 3 t red wine vinegar , 1t lemon juice. Salt and pepper to taste. Just simmered for about 15 minutes. Mash is my standard cauliflower / turnip mash with dijon added. Also added some turmeric for color. Sautéed the pearl onions in some olive oil then added the cherry tomatoes and a handful of chopped fresh spinach with a little Italian seasoning. I can share more detail on my mash if anyone wants. It’s dynamite. The blackberry sauce along with the mash and pork in a single bite was $$$
28E9FFEE-53B4-4227-BD7E-91A7C7E41832.jpeg
E18AA3DC-25DA-49C8-8FA9-4F42A85C2EBB.jpeg
F889ADF2-5A9D-4062-A4AC-25DEF94378BB.jpeg
A06CA4C3-D7CB-424F-BE77-133114CD43CD.jpeg
4D837CFA-A7F6-484A-92E2-91B66B0B5FC7.jpeg

I have to agree with Jake ....doneness is spot on!!!... All those flavors had to be fantastic!! Nice work Jeff!

Reactions: jcam222
Thanks guys! I truly enjoyed the heck out of the meal. I was a little worried on finish temp as it was being stubborn to get a nice sear. Ended up right on and was tender and juicy. I really love that Duroc pork in general. Our Kroger has been carrying this lately.

Thanks guys! I truly enjoyed the heck out of the meal. I love that Duroc pork in general. Our Kroger has been carrying this lately.
Ive seen it at Kroger here too... I may have to grab some....i noticed to the same brand (I think) in wagyu beef...Ryder and I tried the ground..it was really good!!..

Excellent plate Jeff. Great finish on that Duroc.
The guy I buy my pigs from only has Duroc and crosses with Duroc. It is excellent pork, especially when I can get on crossed with Berkshire, but even if not, the Duroc shines through every time.

Excellent plate Jeff. Great finish on that Duroc.
The guy I buy my pigs from only has Duroc and crosses with Duroc. It is excellent pork, especially when I can get on crossed with Berkshire, but even if not, the Duroc shines through every time.
Oh man, I bet the cross with Berkshire is pretty tasty!

Reactions: SmokinEdge
The Berkshire fat is so buttery it’s ridiculous in flavor, however, those Duroc crosses have the same buttery fat, just not at the level of Berkshire.
Our Kroger carries Berkshire at times too. I have several Berkshire bellies in the freezer.

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Jcam-plate looks amazing. As mentioned-nailed the temp. on the loin. Looks perfect.

The Berkshire fat is so buttery it’s ridiculous in flavor, however, those Duroc crosses have the same buttery fat, just not at the level of Berkshire.
This is why I try to buy Berkshire fat from my local farm to table butcher when making salami. Even with commodity pork meat, the Berk Fat really adds flavor. I've not tried Duroc, but hear great stuff about it. Might have a red waddle in the near future....

That there is one beautiful meal. Done to perfection. Nice Job Jeff

Point for sure
Chris

What a beautiful plate Jeff and as others have said the pork looks perfect in doneness.

I’m interested in how you put the dried mushrooms in the SV bag. How do they turn out? Are they completely rehydrated afterwards? I think that’s an awesome idea.

Strong work as always Jeff . Pork looks perfect , and great plate up .
Love the herbs in the bag . I have 3 Aero gardens going . Thyme , dill , parsley , Thai basil and Genovese basil . Nice to go snip what you need .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky