• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Sous vide Berkshire chop and warm Caesar salad

jcam222

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Used Sous Vide an the Blackstone here so there this in the general forum. Took a couple weeks away from cooking. Back at it today. For something a little different I made a warm Caesar salad. Grilled Little Gem lettuce and charred red onion with capers, Parmesan , homemade keto croutons and dressing. Entree is a sous vide then seared Berkshire pork chop and morels with a white truffle Gruyere cauliflower turnip mash. Croutons were made with Aunt Millies keto bread and spices. Onion, lettuce , morels and the chop all seared on the Blackstone griddle. Board was given to me last week by a friend that’s making them now
F44BB69B-1721-451F-8B18-5D5C9C4B7EDA.jpeg
FAF64D24-3B39-4630-A80B-2EC465F96B54.jpeg
0C716C2A-E400-4B6F-BBD6-1C887A9D0C3A.jpeg

SmokingUPnorth

Smoking UPNorth
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 7, 2017
Interesting salad. Never tried it but might have to check it out. That pork chop looks perfect

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Jeff , you always do a great meal .
I'm a meat with a side of meat guy . Stack a Chop on top of another and I'm all in .
I was forced to eat a grilled mushrooms tonight . It was good .

jcam222

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Jeff , you always do a great meal .
I'm a meat with a side of meat guy . Stack a Chop on top of another and I'm all in .
I was forced to eat a grilled mushrooms tonight . It was good .
My wife loves portabellas grilled. I’m ok with them but they are better with meat lol.

jcam222

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
What?? You on a diet?? Seriously though, the food looks great, especially the pork chop. Right up my alley...
Lol no, just a busy couple weeks. Was gone fishing a couple weeks ago and wife was away last week.

sawhorseray

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Oct 17, 2014
Beautiful plate as always Jeff, nice work, that chop looks to be off the charts! RAY

Last edited:

chef jimmyj

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
Very nice and great pics...JJ

Steve H

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
Very nice! The chops are perfection. I've had warm Caesar salad before. While it tasted great. I just couldn't wrap myself around the wilted greens.

jcam222

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Very nice! The chops are perfection. I've had warm Caesar salad before. While it tasted great. I just couldn't wrap myself around the wilted greens.
I wouldn’t go out of my way to order the salad at a restaurant but was something different.

xray

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 11, 2015
That’s a great looking meal Jeff, the pork sounds great and the Gruyere cauliflower mash sounds off the wall amazing.

I like grilling romaine for salad but that’s it. I like the other ingredients on the salad to be cold or raw, it gives a nice contrast overall.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Very creative!
Looks delicious!
Al

tx smoker

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Apr 14, 2013
Another stunning looking plate Jeff. Not a thing on there I'd turn down. Like Steve though, I'm having a hard time getting my brain wrapped around wilted greens. I'd probably get past that in a hurry though if you put that plate in front of me. Beautiful job as always sir!!

Robert

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Looks Great, Jeff !!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.