Something New for 2021... Ironside Smokers PELLET-ASSIST STICK BURNERS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

RCAlan

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Aug 26, 2018
The first legitimate IMO Stick Burning Pellet Grill... It’s not cheap, but Wow....
Image.jpeg

1609100315107.png

59e85fdb0e7ee509006979d6cc30f4ed.jpg

1adf2944d130ac78d5e9fa1472ecf919.jpg

http://www.ironsidesmokers.com
Something new coming in 2021 for those serious about their bbq...

Pellet Pro Austin XL and a few more mods... In SoCal and Always... Semper Fi

Last edited:
From what was shared, those pics are from the prototype... The actual one being released next year will have 4 racks instead of 3 and will be a tad bit larger as well. Time will tell, but the overall idea looks great.

Not a bad idea at all, looks well implemented. Cabinet style cook chamber is a good choice too.

Reactions: RCAlan
Pretty and much larger than i would have use for. Plus, figuring in a $5K+/- price tag? Not something that I will likely see on the deck. I do enjoy seeing new Smoker Ideas, thanks for posting...JJ

Reactions: RCAlan
Pretty and much larger than i would have use for. Plus, figuring in a $5K+/- price tag? Not something that I will likely see on the deck. I do enjoy seeing new Smoker Ideas, thanks for posting...JJ

Yes, this one is definitely out of my price range, but for those that can afford it, it’s a good option. Hopefully the price will come down over time. Also, for those that Bbq in Competitions and are serious about their bbq and results, this may be a good option/upgrade for them as well.

Reactions: ofelles
It looks more to me like a stick-assisted pellet burner. 😀
Just like some put a cast iron pan of chips over their firepot for more smoke flavor, this one puts a wood split over the firepot. I certainly believe it will give more smoke flavor than a stock Traeger but I doubt the pellet consumption is much more than 25% less than a traditional pellet machine with similar size and steel mass. So I suspect at least 75% of the heat energy (which is doing the actual cooking) is coming from the pellets and only 25% from that slow-smoking stick/log. (However the smoke flavor is prob 75% from the split and only 25% from the pellets.)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky