The Gravity Smoker Pool is getting more crowded .. In a Good way.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

RCAlan

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Aug 26, 2018
I see Myron Mixon has jumped into the Gravity Feed market, offering 6 different smoker models ranging in price from $4500.00 on up to $13,300.00. https://myronmixonsmokers.com/enthusiast-bbq-grills/our-bbq-smokers/gravity-charcoal-smokers/
His GF Smokers look very solid and well made. I’m sure the Weber’s, the Pit Bosses and the many other mass produced bbq grill companies are weighing their options of jumping into the Gravity Feed market as well. Time will tell…

I watch the old reruns of BBQ pitmasters and he used a gravity feed (with water attachment) back in 2010.
As to his price points?
I would buy a Masterbuilt gravity cooker (not really, I already own one) and a giant freezer to hold all the briskets I could buy with the rest of the money.

Reactions: jcam222 and RCAlan
Seems pretty stiff considering there is no innovation or electronic control. There are others that been doing it longer, have similar features and cost a lot less...JJ

Reactions: RCAlan
Yeah the MM Gravity Series has been around for a few years now, but his prices are ridiculous. You’d definitely be paying a huge premium just for having his name on the cooker. And I’d bet those pits don’t turn out any better Que than my Southern Q Limo Jr Gravity fed…which was half the price of his cheapest model.

Red

I think Stumps, Mixon and Assassin have been doing gravity fed units for quite awhile. Masterbuilt and Chargrill are jumping on board with lower price point units. The nice thing eith those is they essentially build in the CyberQ type controller as part of the offering. From a build quality standpoint though the 3 aforementioned are built like tanks.

I think Stumps, Mixon and Assassin have been doing gravity fed units for quite awhile. Masterbuilt and Chargrill are jumping on board with lower price point units. The nice thing eith those is they essentially build in the CyberQ type controller as part of the offering. From a build quality standpoint though the 3 aforementioned are built like tanks.

Southern Q, Deep South, T&K and Humphreys have been building them for quite some time too. Nothing new about Gravity Fed units. The Masterbuilt and Chargrill are a little different though as they function as both a grill and smoker, where all the others are smokers only. I’ve had my Southern Q as high as 380 degrees.

As for the electronics, the built in is nice for the price point. The stand-alone pit controllers are nice because you are not married to what comes with the pit. You can buy the one you like, and as upgrades are made over the years, it’s easier to get new. I love my Fireboard 2. Best thing is it runs off batteries so the Pit doesn’t have to be plugged in ( plus it works like a charm). In a few years when they have a Fireboard 3, I could easily upgrade if I felt the need.

Reactions: RCAlan and jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky