Something different?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You can also use little smokies(cocktail sausage) in your ABT's.

Chris

Reactions: 6GRILLZNTN
Idk if it's as much holiday like as a "sweet and spicy" thing. You'd have to speak to the author of the thread about that though.

I believe he's been seen hanging out in this thread...

It started out from my love of cranberries. But cranberries are pretty darn holiday like I suppose.

I try to get low sugar dried cranberries, it's the natural tartness that offers the contrast after all. So far, no one's ever said they didn't like them, and even a batch of 20 peppers is gone pretty quick!

Reactions: fivetricks
It started out from my love of cranberries. But cranberries are pretty darn holiday like I suppose.

I try to get low sugar dried cranberries, it's the natural tartness that offers the contrast after all. So far, no one's ever said they didn't like them, and even a batch of 20 peppers is gone pretty quick!
I can see the "tartness" being a great addition! With all these great ideas getting thrown around I may have to make multiple batches! Lol

I can see the "tartness" being a great addition! With all these great ideas getting thrown around I may have to make multiple batches! Lol
That is the way to do it. Remember, you can prep things the night before too. I always wrangle my dad into helping, we do it assembly line style. One of us puts in the cheese, another does the bacon wrap. Help's alot when doing 20+ peppers. <I cut mine in half, so they resemble pepper boats.

Just remember to take all the pictures!

That is the way to do it. Remember, you can prep things the night before too. I always wrangle my dad into helping, we do it assembly line style. One of us puts in the cheese, another does the bacon wrap. Help's alot when doing 20+ peppers. <I cut mine in half, so they resemble pepper boats.

Just remember to take all the pictures!
Assembly line style defiantly helps! My 5 year old loves to help with stuff like this so its should be a fun time .

Pick up the stuff to put these together tonight. About how much cranberries do you recommend per block of cream cheese?
I think I started with half a bag..though no idea what size bag you had, and what I use! So start with a 1/3 cup or 1/2 cup.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/tPB8CeFdVTZXVBxB7

You need to roughly chop them by the by! Or I did. But the above picture was the final result. So you can get an idea. Really I'd add a whole bag and not bat an eye, but I -really- love my cranberries!

I think I started with half a bag..though no idea what size bag you had, and what I use! So start with a 1/3 cup or 1/2 cup.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/tPB8CeFdVTZXVBxB7

You need to roughly chop them by the by! Or I did. But the above picture was the final result. So you can get an idea. Really I'd add a whole bag and not bat an eye, but I -really- love my cranberries!
Thanks! I'll start with a 1/2 cup. I baught the biggest bag they had because my kids and wife will snack on them too. Lol. I'll post pics tomorrow. Think I'll do them on the old UDS.

Reactions: TomKnollRFV
I can't wait to see how you like them :) I added garlic into mine when I make em, but I'll add garlic to almost any thing. Don't think you even would notice garlic with the cranberries To be honest!

Ok got them wrapped up and on the UDS. These things look amazing! Ended up doing half of them with a wedge of brie and just pressed the cranberries on top. My boys were excited to help! After wraping in bacon I dusted them with some garlic pepper. I'll post more pictures after they come out of the smoker.
1215180955.jpg
1215180956a.jpg
1215180956.jpg
1215181113.jpg

Attachments

• 1215181243.jpg
    1215181243.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 1215181328b.jpg
    1215181328b.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 50
The lil tike looks the most excited! LOL!

Sure look nicer then mine, my bacon always ends up half on and crooked ..lol
The little is always happy! Until bed time. Then nit so much! Lol

Like the way you tucked the extra bacon in on the ends. May have to add that to my technique.
I usually lay about a inch or so of the bacon down on the fat end of the pepper first. Then start to wrap it around. It really helps keep all the stuff from running out during the cook.

They are out of the smoker and cooling for a few minutes before we try them out.
1215181512.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky