1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Ref; Cranberry ABTs

Discussion in 'ABT's' started by TomKnollRFV, Sep 11, 2018.

1. TomKnollRFV

TomKnollRFV Master of the Pit Group Lead

So when I was up in MI talking to Joken <Walt> we started discussing how alot of things are hard to do a new twist on, every thing has been done. So we turned to Cranberries some how, and then it was 'What if we put Cranberries in ABTs?' which is exactly what I did today. I added some roughly diced dried reduced sugar cranberries into the mix, which was one block of regular cream cheese and a healthy dashing of garlic powder.

Now I got them on the smoker, just using the MES' chip tray, one chip load of applewood for smoke. I'll tell you how they are in about 3 hours. I'm doing them at 250f.

Attached Files:

2. Jeff Wright

Jeff Wright Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

Looking forward to hearing the results...wish I were looking forward to tasting the results.

3. TomKnollRFV

Thanks. Sadly the reduced sugar ones? Still not super tart! But I've honestly never seen completely unsweetened ones either.

4. Jeff Wright

Well, fruit is already sugar by nature, but cranberry being generally tart, that should work well. Could have gone all natural!

5. TomKnollRFV

I plan to if this remotely works out, but I'll need to hit up a specialty store for the all natural kind/order online.

6. Jeff Wright

Or grow and pick em yourself!!!!

TomKnollRFV likes this.
  7. GATOR240

GATOR240 Smoking Fanatic

I'm watching

8. TomKnollRFV

Well they got done sooner then I expected, granted nothing else was in the smoker! These are pretty darn good! You get the sweet tang of the Cranberry...definitely will be making these my standard ABTs.

Attached Files:

9. Jeff Wright

Glad to har they turned out. They look real good. Now that you blazed the traiil, I will deifinitely have to try.

What is that tray, and where does it come from?

10. TomKnollRFV

That's a weber grill tray I've had for..I forgot how long. It has slits in the material so smoke and heat gets through better. Makes things easy to take on and off.

I'll likely doctor this up in the future, I just wanted to taste it as the most basic form.

11. browneyesvictim

browneyesvictim Master of the Pit ★ Lifetime Premier ★

They look spot on! Wish I could try them from here.

12. TomKnollRFV

Thanks!

13. GATOR240

GATOR240 Smoking Fanatic

Looks like it was worth the wait! Looking good!

14. TomKnollRFV

Sure tasted good too!

15. crazymoon

crazymoon Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

TKRFV, Nice twist on my favorite smoked goodie! like

16. TomKnollRFV

You gotta try these then! Thanks for the like!