Something different for Christmas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My wife has agreed to a hunk of geef and some smoked salmon (fish has to be cooked outside at casa del Don).
I may be making the 5 minute drive to my NE Ohio Save-a-lot to see what's on sale.
Would it be worth trying to dry-bag age the beef before smoking? I've never tried that.

Reactions: jcam222
Roast duck. Festive and tasty.

I know you said no pork...but pork dishes are so different. You can be sick of ham, yet stuff your face with a nicely cooked belly.
How about some roasted pig shanks, people fighting over the cracked skin?

We're going the seafood route this year. Baked stuffed jumbo shrimp, scallops, and lobster rolls.

Chris

Polish-Catholic here, so Christmas eve is a “no meat” day. Several fish dishes are always on the menu though. For example:
Smoked Markel.
Ryba w galarecie – fish in gelatin. It’s a white fish in stock that’s served cold, and hence gelatinized
Ryba po grecku – Greek style fish (Why a Greek food item is a traditional Polish Christmas dish...no idea). It’s fish fillets buried in grated carrots, parsley, onion and tomato paste
We have done fish for Christmas as far back as anyone can remember, never even thought about it being a Catholic thing. We are Austrian and German decent, so it makes sense. Also catholic.

LOL no, Savealot often has bonesless ribeye for $4.99. Sometimes even $3.99. It’s certainly not prime but I’ve cooked them before and they are still tasty.These are Mexican beef other times it’s US raised View attachment 418712

HOLY! Going tonight! Dad swears by that place.

No meal for us on Eve, just appetizers. German Catholic here too and believe this might be some sort of "workaround" :emoji_laughing: Honestly tho, we love it. Everyone brings their best and many are Christmas Eve only.

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky