Something different for Christmas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I get the pleasure of having my family over for Christmas.
I'm done with turkey for a while & 4 days after Christmas I will end up eating half a pigs worth of ham @ the In-laws.

I'm looking for ideas for something non-traditional. Not weird , just not usual christmas fair.

Chicken drumsticks & roast beef are on the radar so far.

What are some of your holiday favorites?

Thanks

Don
Brisket!!!

Reactions: tallbm
I'm done with turkey for a while & 4 days after Christmas I will end up eating half a pigs worth of ham @ the In-laws.

I'm looking for ideas for something non-traditional. Not weird , just not usual christmas fair.

Thanks

Don

Prime Rib!!!!
Take your pick:
Smoked Prime Rib (47th Anniversary Dinner)
Smoked Prime Rib (49th Anniversary Dinner)
Smoked Prime Rib (First of 2017)
Smoked Prime Rib (Apple Smoke)

Bear

how about a couple squirrels,:emoji_anguished: only kidding, can't go wrong with the prime rib and some seafood.

I’m smoking prime rib and have to agree with so many others that it’s the perfect Christmas indulgence. If you want to buck the trend with something different then multiple fatties with all different fillings could be really fun. They also smoke really quickly. A full pork loin can feed a lot of people and is simply delicious. Pig shots are labor intensive but definitely worth the effort. Just grilling some great steaks can be a great option as well. I’m going to keep an eye on this thread to find out what you finally decide on. Just enjoy whatever you go with.

G

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
I'm in with the standing rib roast crowd. Did one a Cpl years ago and it even made the carousel. So now Christmas eve at in laws is standing rib taken to their house IT 125. Father in law has gas grill hooked to natural gas line and gets screaming hot for a grill. Quick sear and while they rest I sautee shrimp and wife and her mom finish up sides. Dang good eaten.

Polish-Catholic here, so Christmas eve is a “no meat” day. Several fish dishes are always on the menu though. For example:
Smoked Markel.
Ryba w galarecie – fish in gelatin. It’s a white fish in stock that’s served cold, and hence gelatinized
Ryba po grecku – Greek style fish (Why a Greek food item is a traditional Polish Christmas dish...no idea). It’s fish fillets buried in grated carrots, parsley, onion and tomato paste

I’m either doing prime rib or beef ribs.

I've been doing Prime Rib for Mrs Bear's Birthdays, Anniversaries, and other annual Dinners.
However I'm thinking about Running another Chucky through my SV for about 30 hours this 51st Wedding Anniversary, for a change. That's later this month.

Bear

Reactions: jcam222
I've been doing Prime Rib for Mrs Bear's Birthdays, Anniversaries, and other annual Dinners.
However I'm thinking about Running another Chucky through my SV for about 30 hours this 51st Wedding Anniversary, for a change. That's later this month.

Bear
wow bear your almost married as long as i'm alive, God bless your wife!!:emoji_wink:

wow bear your almost married as long as i'm alive, God bless your wife!!:emoji_wink:

LOL---The Army played a Trick on us:
We planned on getting Married during my Christmas Leave, because they said 80% of my class was probably going to Germany, so if you're married they'll pay to fly your wife there too.
So we got married during my Christmas leave, on Dec 27th. Then they sent me to Vietnam in February, along with about 90% of my class.

Bear

LOL---The Army played a Trick on us:
We planned on getting Married during my Christmas Leave, because they said 80% of my class was probably going to Germany, so if you're married they'll pay to fly your wife there too.
So we got married during my Christmas leave, on Dec 27th. Then they sent me to Vietnam in February, along with about 90% of my class.

Bear
yeah ya probably should of told them you wanted to go Vietnam, then they would of sent you to Germany. Great story though bear and congrats on your upcoming 51st.

Bear
I just bought 3 boneless ribeye roasts for $4.99 / lb. at Savealot. I’ll be doing them now. Gonna have a look through some of your cooks on those.

$4.99 ????
Did you need the Mask & the Gun???

Bear
LOL no, Savealot often has bonesless ribeye for $4.99. Sometimes even $3.99. It’s certainly not prime but I’ve cooked them before and they are still tasty.These are Mexican beef other times it’s US raised
E88214D6-277E-42C3-A012-A53371BECAF7.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
My area Sav-A-Lot has Ribeye Roasts on Sale... $7.99 for Select!!! How long a trip is it from Emporium, PA to your NE Ohio store?...JJ

Thanks

Don
On Christmas Eve, we do homemade pirogies and then on Christmas Day we do homemade lasagna.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky