Something a little different

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokeaholic502

Original poster
Jun 28, 2015
Louisville KY
I know this is a meat smoking forum but lately I've been wanting to do a crawfish boil. Is there anyone on here that does crawfish boils and can give me advise? What to use, whats a good/not to expensive boiler?

Don’t need anything special. A turkey fryer or propane burner and good stock pot. You can get. A turkey fryer set up for under $40 this time of year. It would have everything you need.

As for the boil I like to add a good kielbasa cut into 3” hunks. Potatoes, corn on the cob (halved). Usually use a store bought boil mix.

If live Make sure and soak your crayfish in salt water and rinse well before adding to the boil. This will help purge them .

Start everything boiling when taters are tender add crayfish. They don’t take long. Drain and then dump on table and go to town!

Reactions: smokeaholic502
I do low country boils occasionally and use mudbugs instead of shrimp.Case is right about purging them.When I catch'em I throw them in a bucket of water.When I get back to the house I put them in fresh well water for a day to purge (let them poop) and they're ready.

Reactions: smokeaholic502
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky