Someone say steak?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
A couple days ago we had a urge for steak. And as luck would have it. I had a few nice thick center cut sirloins in the freezer. And it was a great day to fire up the grill.
Only had one picture to show.

20220406_173030.jpg

Did these to 140 on the smoky Joe with charcoal and hickory chunks. Served with loaded baked taters. I jaccarded the steaks. And only put pepper on them. And gave them a bacon wrap. They were nice, juicy and tender!

Looks great, lot of folks dont like but certain cuts, my problem is I love them all. I use to get sirloin at a local small store that were better than any other store around. covid has change a lot of things :emoji_disappointed:

Looks great Steve. Nice work. Agree with above, only 1 picture needed.

Steaks look great Steve! A picture like that is sure to satisfy your primal urges.

Nice looking steaks Steve. They would definitely hit the spot

Point for sure
Chris

Looks great Steve! agree 1 pic says it all.
I have a jaccard and use it all the time on pork and chicken, I was afraid if used on a steak it could "bleed out" while cooking and become dry? Evidentially not, I will be using on the next steak I cook.

A picture is worth a thousand words… I think that pic spoke to me in at least ten different languages! The consensus was Damn! Nice cook Steve!

BTW, as a side note… I only know English and just enough Spanish to get myself in trouble! 😉

• Haha
Reactions: bigfurmn
Man fire food baby!! Those steaks look off the charts good., perfect char on the outside.

mmm Steak.
I've got a couple of strip loins that will be getting on the Jumbo Joe this weekend.
Gotta love those mini kettles.

Do you/others jaccard most steaks, other meats or just sirloins?
Depends on the cut. I only use mine on beef.
We do steak very rarely so most of them are prime and the Jaccard stays in the drawer.
I use sirloin for beef sandwiches and always give them a needling before slicing.
Amazed at what a Jaccard does for roasts.
I'm making beef barley soup tonight. Got the cheapest beef I could find in the store which is a top round. Wished I would have hit it with the Jaccard before dicing. It was a bit tough after browning. A couple hours of simmering will braze it out.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky