Some wee fatties!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin kat

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 5, 2016
Dallas, Oregon
Saw a thread from Jay Porter asking about mini-fatties a few weeks ago, and thought I'd post some pics of the ones we did this weekend! 

This was sort of by accident... I was going to cook some bacon and reserve the rest of the pack for a couple of regular sized fatties, but wasn't thinking and cut all the bacon in half to fit in the pan.   Realized my mistake when I went to lay out the strips for our fatties. 

D'oh! What's a girl to do....  Bingo!  Bite sized fatties! :)  

Did three little half strips of bacon, and spread out some hot pork sausage. 

Next, added a spread of cream cheese and spinach (I rationalized that if the fattie has vegetables in it, it's practically a health food, right?) 

Then I put a couple of candied jalapenos inside for some sweetness and heat. 

Rolled them up (I ended up with about 2 dozen total!)  I also sprinkled the outside with a bit of jalapeno rub. 

And onto the grill!  They turned out perfect for breakfast sized bites-- 1 or 2 fills you up pretty good!  This picture is on a 6" salad plate, for size reference. :) 

Holy cow!

You are on a roll!

I just saw your taco thread, then this!

I just had to give you a point!

Al

Thanks everyone-- they're just perfect for breakfasts on the run.  Next batch I'll get the bacon just a bit crispier on the outside.  

We did the candied jalapenos awhile back, using splenda instead of sugar.  Dang they are good, but they pack a decent amount of heat too.  

Wow! Those sound good. I have not yet made fatties, how long on the grill?
Randy,
Hey Randy-- I smoked them for about half an hour, then turned the temp up to 350° to finish them off.  I think it was about 45-60 minutes at 350 till they reached 160 internal temp... I don't pay as much attention to time as I do final temperature, but an hour would be a good guess. :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky