Some spares on the lang 36

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

worm304

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 12, 2016
Pork right not seems to be cheap, and I love it. I picked up one of the better 3 packs of spares from costco that I have gotten in some time. All nice and meaty with pretty solid marbling and fat content.
raw.jpg

Seasoned with a concoction I have been modifying and working on. I decided I don't like coarse black pepper in my rib rubs. So far similar to jeff's with less black pepper and cayenne and added some tumeric.

just on.jpg

Went on around 11:30. Went with mainly hickory, some oak here and there, and an apple chunk each time I added a split. Held between 250-275.

almost.jpg

Here they are almost done about 4 hours in. I have been spritzing with motts apple cherry juice and I really like it. I decided not to wrap these.
done.jpg

Here is one of the racks completely done. They came out pretty solid. I think next time I will wrap with just some spritz in the foil. The other racks got a little darker than I would have liked. Probably around 3.5 hours gives me the color I like.
sliced.jpg

And your slice money shot. Very happy with these. Neighbors gave them rave reviews but I'm not sure if they are honest because they know they can't say anything negative or they will be cut off. Ha! Hope you enjoyed.

Pork right not seems to be cheap, and I love it. I picked up one of the better 3 packs of spares from costco that I have gotten in some time. All nice and meaty with pretty solid marbling and fat content.
View attachment 408521

Seasoned with a concoction I have been modifying and working on. I decided I don't like coarse black pepper in my rib rubs. So far similar to jeff's with less black pepper and cayenne and added some tumeric.

View attachment 408522
Went on around 11:30. Went with mainly hickory, some oak here and there, and an apple chunk each time I added a split. Held between 250-275.

View attachment 408523

Here they are almost done about 4 hours in. I have been spritzing with motts apple cherry juice and I really like it. I decided not to wrap these. View attachment 408524

Here is one of the racks completely done. They came out pretty solid. I think next time I will wrap with just some spritz in the foil. The other racks got a little darker than I would have liked. Probably around 3.5 hours gives me the color I like.View attachment 408525
And your slice money shot. Very happy with these. Neighbors gave them rave reviews but I'm not sure if they are honest because they know they can't say anything negative or they will be cut off. Ha! Hope you enjoyed.

Those look great! ive been adding alot of coarse BP to mine lately but it does seem kinda out of place on a rib. might try something like this out next time. Like!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky