- Nov 28, 2014
Anyone familiar with Sodium Erythorbate/Cure Excellerator usage? I've only ever used encapsulated citric acid and was looking for some clarification on usage, tried contacting Walton's customer service and the person pretty much just copy/pasted the instructions from the store page.
This Cure Excellerator is a combination of Sodium Erythorbate and Sodium Citrate. It is faster acting than pure sodium erythorbate.
- Can this be mixed in at any time during the mixing process?
- Is there any reason why I can't hold it in the fridge overnight?
- My understanding was with encapsulated citric acid you couldn't do it as the capsules could burst and lead to a crumbly end product.
- Use case would be that I make one large batch that I want to smoke over two days or something comes up and I don't have time to do two smokes on the same day.
- Can this be used with bacon? (know this is the sausage section but if you know it saves me making another thread)