So i went crazy..but in a good way...LOTS of PICS!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aaron it all looks great including that new smoker. I'm sure it was well worth the 3 days and on top of getting the new smoker I'm sure it was another great adventure you got to share with your dad.
What was the new sauce nd how was it?

Well a great 1st run for that cooking machine. I take it the one end is charcoal and the other is a stick burner. Nice looking food out of both ends for sure.

Warren

Reactions: phatbac
Aaron, congrats on the new cooker and nice work on the cook! Those are some nice looking ribs!!!
thanks for the kind words!

Congrats on a great cooker , Looks like you put it to great use, nice looking food
thank you sir!

Damn that looks amazing, your friends and family must love you.:emoji_thumbsup:
i try to share with everyone i can...come on over sometime and we'll have some food for ya!
BTW i cook at the SMF gathering we have every year in Concord NC for the Carolina's everyone's invited come on out if you can! (cancelled this year because of covid apocolypse)

Man, you are giving that smoker a work out! Everything looks out standing!
thank you!

Wow....That's a fine looking pile of food you cooked up there Aaron. Excellent job sir, which is pretty much your nature :emoji_wink: I am duly impressed.

Robert
thanks for that Im grateful for such a compliment.

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

Wow! What a load of meat and a great looking smoker. Very nice!
I appreciate it

Looks fantastic Aaron!
Looks like you put the new rig to the test & it did it all & more!!!!
Al
try to keep my dining options open Al, i cook as much as i can!

You definitely are having fun with the new rig!
Yes i am thanks!

Nice job breaking in your new rig Aaron, everything looks great, Like! RAY
thank you i am loving Suzy Q!

Wow!!
That's a lot of outstanding Vittles you got there, Aaron!!
Nice Work!
Like.

Bear
thank you bear! if we can get a PA gathering together im going to try to bring some of those vittles up with me or my wsm22 and cook some there!

Aaron it all looks great including that new smoker. I'm sure it was well worth the 3 days and on top of getting the new smoker I'm sure it was another great adventure you got to share with your dad.
What was the new sauce nd how was it?
it was worth going through all i went through. i regret putting my dad through some serious back pain though.
We both did like some fo the bonding time we got though.

the sauce i will list the recipe at the bottom. i was going to make some candy apple red sauce but didn't have all the ingredients so i tweaked into this and it came out outstanding!

What an awesome rig! Congrats, it looks like heaven!

I'd like to know more about the sauce.
thank you! the recipe will be below

Well a great 1st run for that cooking machine. I take it the one end is charcoal and the other is a stick burner. Nice looking food out of both ends for sure.

Warren
thats right warren, the left side is direct charcoal and the right is indirect stick burner. thre is a 1/4" steel plate separating the two.

Looks great Aaron, but I thought you already had a Lang?! I’ve been out of the loop!
This is my 3rd Lang. i had a 36 i sold to buy a 48 and i sold the 48 to move. i just bought this one because the 48 was too big for my needs and wanted a grill and smoker combo.

#2 strawberry sauce

1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 TBS garlic
1 tsp onion powder
3 TBS sweet paprika
1 cup turbinado Sugar
1/8 cup AC vinegar
1/4 cup strawberry lemonade
1 1/4 cup of ketchup
1 TBS yellow mustard
3 TBS butter

mix in small pot and under med heat bring to simmer. let simmer for 10-15 minutes stir occasionally remove from heat and let flavors marry 2 hours or so.

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

Reactions: 73saint
phatbac phatbac theres only one think missing....my invite along with a plate and fork. That’s looks great. Putting that new to you cooker through the paces!

Great thread . Thanks for posting and congrats on the new smoker !
Everything looks fantastic .

phatbac phatbac theres only one think missing....my invite along with a plate and fork. That’s looks great. Putting that new to you cooker through the paces!
Come n down we'll get ya a plate!

Great thread . Thanks for posting and congrats on the new smoker !
Everything looks fantastic .
Thank you so much!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

I've got some major smoker jealousy over here, congrats on the new rig! What a way to break it in, everything looks fantastic

Reactions: phatbac
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky