so i decided to try pastrami

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fxsales1959

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 17, 2019
PembrokePines, FL
mash up of many"recipes" I studied. Basic: store bought corned beef flat. soaked over night. rub was coriander black pepper nd some stuff. WSM 275 until 165. butcher paper wrap. back on WSM until 205. rest. I dislike rye bread so mama bought some of that marbled stuff. I haven't been o a real deli since i was a kid. not to pat myself, but sammy's were awsome.

patrami resize edit.jpg

pstrami sand resize.jpg

waiting for the MB800 to come up to temp and doing this now. Same bread as yours, will use the slicer for thin cuts and Swiss, 1000 island and sourcrap to finish it off.

Reactions: MJB05615
I love that stuff and homemade is the ticket, seen a cooking show that had a NY deli, looked like 2-3lbs on 1 sandwich, If I ever make it there I will hunt that place down and be the first 1 in the door lol. great looking sandwich and didn't cost you $100 for a few of those.

Reactions: kevinwi
Boy that does look good FX. I like mine with swiss, Russian dressing and grilled. Boy I can taste it now. I'll have to check the local market today when I go. With all these pastrami Sammies showing up.

Point for sure
Chris

Did ours a couple days ago, like last Sunday I guess it was. Carolyn picked up some light rye bread that is good. Not into the dark rye. Smoked for a couple hours first then brought it up to IT of 205, then let it rest wrapped for an hour. Quick shot in the nucker and made sandwiches. Little spicy mustard on mine.

Dang it! Was eyeballing a corned beef at the grocery earlier. Wish I would have got it now. You guys are killing me with the sammichs.

Jim

waiting for the MB800 to come up to temp and doing this now. Same bread as yours, will use the slicer for thin cuts and Swiss, 1000 island and sourcrap to finish it off.
The beautious part.. if you wish. we left the chunk we didn't eat in frig over night. Sliced thin and put it in a steamer basket for about 10-ish minutes. I was just as wonderful for lunch today.

Reactions: clifish and chopsaw
Dang it! Was eyeballing a corned beef at the grocery earlier. Wish I would have got it now. You guys are killing me with the sammichs.

Jim
my only "mistake" was not buying a bigger chunk. Since i was a pastrami virgin, in case it didn't go well. the corned beef shortcut was awesome. Mama's eyes are still rolled back.

Just now seeing this . All these pastrami threads , it's easy to miss one . Looks fantastic ! You'll be hooked now . I bet the WSM put some nice smoke on it .
Nice work .

Reactions: fxsales1959
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky