Snow, Bagels and a Mississippi Pot Roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Man yall got a lot more snow than we did. Ended up with about an inch(that's what she said) but lots of ice. Nice looking pot roast.

Hey yankee2bbq yankee2bbq yall got room for one more in the hot tub? No worries on safety I have had 15 booster shots. Also been dying to wear my new mankini somewhere other than when I lifeguard for the YMCA 75+ ladies water aerobics class.

Thanks David. Hope you get your wish and have lots less lol. Cute pup pic

Thanks , it started a lot earlier than they said , very heavy packing snow . Of coarse the roads are packing down now and that has turned to ice where they have not salted yet. The wind has not really started yet, but still calling for it. I will have to check and see what the Boston area got
because thats where its coming from

David

Reactions: TNJAKE
Man yall got a lot more snow than we did. Ended up with about an inch(that's what she said) but lots of ice. Nice looking pot roast.

Hey yankee2bbq yankee2bbq yall got room for one more in the hot tub? No worries on safety I have had 15 booster shots. Also been dying to wear my new mankini somewhere other than when I lifeguard for the YMCA 75+ ladies water aerobics class.
LMAO!! Sure, Jake won’t care…there’s plenty of room!!

Everything looks good Jake, beautiful dog, fire, food, beer, and fantastic landscape. Even the snow can be a pretty sight, just not that much needed at once. Yours will disappear soon .

Now that is a fine-looking meal and a great way to spend a snow day Jake! When we lived in Thompson's Station and got the forecast for snow I went out and bought a sled to pull my daughter around. No sir only ice and rain so wound up dragging her around in the mud and muck in the backyard LOL.
Lol thanks Keith. Aaaaand she's hated mud ever since!

Reactions: 912smoker

Lmao thanks John. Y'all are starting to make me regret the hot tub invite lol

• Haha
Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Thanks , it started a lot earlier than they said , very heavy packing snow . Of coarse the roads are packing down now and that has turned to ice where they have not salted yet. The wind has not really started yet, but still calling for it. I will have to check and see what the Boston area got
because thats where its coming from

David
Stay safe David......and warm

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Everything looks good Jake, beautiful dog, fire, food, beer, and fantastic landscape. Even the snow can be a pretty sight, just not that much needed at once. Yours will disappear soon .
Thanks bud. Snow probably be mostly gone after tomorrow. Supposed to be 45 with an inch of rain. As far as today goes woke up to a -5 wind chill lol

Well Jake, I'm late to the party but I can imagine you know why :emoji_wink: Some great looking food all around my friend. Very well done. Those pics sure brought some great memories flooding back from your gathering....but the weather was a LOT nicer back then.

And a bonus my sweet pepper girl got to wear her pajamas

I remember that little demon :emoji_laughing: Sweet as could be as long as she didn't think you were in the house to rape, plunder, and pillage :emoji_laughing: She sure looks comfy in that pic though.

Great thread sir!!
Robert

Crazy weather there, Jake. We MAY get a couple of inches every 2-3 years and that will shut us down for a few days. Snow like y'all got and we'd completely incapacitated for weeks 🤣.

Anyway, the food, especially the Mississippi pot roast, looks very good...

Well Jake, I'm late to the party but I can imagine you know why :emoji_wink: Some great looking food all around my friend. Very well done. Those pics sure brought some great memories flooding back from your gathering....but the weather was a LOT nicer back then.

I remember that little demon :emoji_laughing: Sweet as could be as long as she didn't think you were in the house to rape, plunder, and pillage :emoji_laughing: She sure looks comfy in that pic though.

Great thread sir!!
Robert
Thanks Robert. Can't wait to see what you built for me! Pepper doesn't see many strangers lol but she's a hardcore killer lol

Crazy weather there, Jake. We MAY get a couple of inches every 2-3 years and that will shut us down for a few days. Snow like y'all got and we'd completely incapacitated for weeks 🤣.

Anyway, the food, especially the Mississippi pot roast, looks very good...
Thanks Charles. We get a healthy amount of snow here. Usually 15 or more inches a winter. Melts fast though and yes we shut down also lol

Finally got a round to it. Was a small roast. Took to 209. Was not pull-able but was still fairly tender and good.

20220114_175046.jpg 20220114_175331.jpg

Sliced the left overs thin. Man was it good!

Last edited:
Reactions: Brokenhandle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky