Snow, Bagels and a Mississippi Pot Roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Don't forget they get some pretty wicked hurricanes down there ....
Full disclosure, I did live near West Palm Beach in 2005. Had a few hurricane experiences. there is a reason Im back in this goofy state.
Plus they were not into smoked meat much in that area.

Great looking meal there Jake. nice meal warm house , heaven

Snow in the pictures looks nice ....in real time it's the shits though.
we have been lucky so far , buy coming up from New England and hitting us tomorrow. They are saying quite a bit ( 11" - 13" )
hope they are wrong but not your kind of wrong...hoping for a lot less.

Pepper is very cute , miss my little girl, she also love to get in her warm cloths most of the time
the girls 046.JPG Maybe not for this old Christmas picture

David

Really nice meal Jake.
Pot roast is pot roast no matter the state.
Now burgoo is specialized
In all fairness we had a bunch of tornadoes in December too. About a week after getting 20+ inches of snow. People actually had great video of a snow tornado. Stupid Minnesota, I'm ready to move to Florida.
You wouldn't like it....
No rain for the past month. Been in the 80's until this week and only 70's.
Instead of snow, just need to wipe off the morning dew from the windshield.

• Haha
Reactions: bigfurmn and TNJAKE
Love those outside pictures and great picture of Dog! Roast looks dgood. I getting ready to go through my last of three freezers and looks like I have 4 chuck roast in there. I will be taking one out for this. Looks like I need to start eating some chuck eyes also. So dang full it hard to dig for anything! I have a serous problem!

1641554570043.png

This beer I been drinking. Think I like because made with corn!

Frio_-_Light_-_12oz_Reg.png

Last edited:
Reactions: TNJAKE
Y'all got hit a lot harder than we did over in the Memphis area. Looks like you had the right idea. Stay inside, bundle up, a fire, and stay warm. Those bagels look great. Just right to hold you over for that belly filling great looking pot roast. The puppers has got the right idea also. Jammies and curled up!
Jim

Nice chow! It breaks my heart to see that fine smoker of yours covered with snow. It's asking for a cover...
No snow yet here, which is fine by me, but it turned really cold.

Great looking meal there Jake. nice meal warm house , heaven

Snow in the pictures looks nice ....in real time it's the shits though.
we have been lucky so far , buy coming up from New England and hitting us tomorrow. They are saying quite a bit ( 11" - 13" )
hope they are wrong but not your kind of wrong...hoping for a lot less.

Pepper is very cute , miss my little girl, she also love to get in her warm cloths most of the time
View attachment 521363 Maybe not for this old Christmas picture

David
Thanks David. Hope you get your wish and have lots less lol. Cute pup pic

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Really nice meal Jake.
Pot roast is pot roast no matter the state.
Now burgoo is specialized

You wouldn't like it....
No rain for the past month. Been in the 80's until this week and only 70's.
Instead of snow, just need to wipe off the morning dew from the windshield.
Thanks bud it hit the spot for sure

Love those outside pictures and great picture of Dog! Roast looks dgood. I getting ready to go through my last of three freezers and looks like I have 4 chuck roast in there. I will be taking one out for this. Looks like I need to start eating some chuck eyes also. So dang full it hard to dig for anything! I have a serous problem!

View attachment 521364

This beer I been drinking. Think I like because made with corn!

View attachment 521366
Thanks Brian it makes a really good chuck roast. Never seen that beer. Switched to mich ultra so I didn't have to get up and piss 3x a night lol.

Y'all got hit a lot harder than we did over in the Memphis area. Looks like you had the right idea. Stay inside, bundle up, a fire, and stay warm. Those bagels look great. Just right to hold you over for that belly filling great looking pot roast. The puppers has got the right idea also. Jammies and curled up!
Jim
Thanks Jim. My BIL said nothing for hernando

Reactions: JLeonard
Nice chow! It breaks my heart to see that fine smoker of yours covered with snow. It's asking for a cover...
No snow yet here, which is fine by me, but it turned really cold.
Thanks Dan. Smoker been uncovered for 2 years. Still looks brand new. 3/8in steel. Should last a few lifetimes

Now that is a fine-looking meal and a great way to spend a snow day Jake! When we lived in Thompson's Station and got the forecast for snow I went out and bought a sled to pull my daughter around. No sir only ice and rain so wound up dragging her around in the mud and muck in the backyard LOL.

Lox and bagels to pot roast, looks like a nice inside day Jake! Maybe more of a brown liquor day than a beer day! RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky