• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Snack Sticks and a couple other things with Q-View

heavymoose

Smoke Blower
Joined May 22, 2010
I put some snack sticks, sausage and a very small brisket on the smoker today.  For the snack sticks I used 80/20 ground beef and Hi-Mountain Jerky Cure and Season Pepper Blend.  I made half with the standard stick size on my jerky gun and the other half the the new 3/4" nozzle I just got.  I am not sure how the bigger sticks will turn out, but I am hopeful they will be good.  I am also trying to run the smoker at a little lower temperature but still have some smoke, so I have cracked the door a little.  I hope everybody has a great New Year.

heavymoose

Smoke Blower
Joined May 22, 2010
I am holding anywhere from 150 to 180 with the door cracked and still making smoke.  That is just using the thermometer on the door so I am sure it is hotter in the back of the smoker.  It's about 40 degrees outside right now.    

Latest posts

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.