• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Snack stick casings

Johnpjacobs

Joined Jan 17, 2020
Hi y’all!
I’m new to this smoking stuff but I made some deer snack sticks and wow I’m hooked. Can anyone tell me what the smallest snack stick casing is and where to buy it?
Thanks

tx smoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Apr 14, 2013
If you're looking for natural casings, which I highly recommend, about the smallest you'll find are 19 mm sheep casings. Best place IMHO to get them is from Syracuse Casing Company. They are already sanitized and pre-tubed so are super simple to slide right off the tube onto your stuffing horn. Soak in water for a few minutes before stuffing the sausage and you're ready to go.

Robert

tom987

Fire Starter
Joined Mar 14, 2018
This is about the smallest I’ve seen. I just made a batch with the sausage makers. Fit fairly easily on my cabalas stuffing tube by feeding about 6 feet on at

For 17# of meat

Also sausage maker’s 17# but includes free shipping but at a higher price.
amazon" style="max-width:120px">

24#

tx smoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Apr 14, 2013
I believe you are correct that the collagen casings do come as small as 17 mm but I've just never had much success with collagen casings. Maybe I'm just using the wrong ones but I've just found that I prefer natural casings.

Robert

pushok2018

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 12, 2017
I buy all kind of casing from TSM as well. Don't have complains so far. Free shipping on your order if you spent $55 minimum....

boykjo

Sausage maker
Staff member
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Apr 28, 2010
I've seen them as small as 13mm. Check with SFLsmkr1, Rick may know where to get them.

Boykjo

Johnpjacobs

Joined Jan 17, 2020
If you're looking for natural casings, which I highly recommend, about the smallest you'll find are 19 mm sheep casings. Best place IMHO to get them is from Syracuse Casing Company. They are already sanitized and pre-tubed so are super simple to slide right off the tube onto your stuffing horn. Soak in water for a few minutes before stuffing the sausage and you're ready to go.

Robert
Thanks

tom987

Fire Starter
Joined Mar 14, 2018
Here is 15mm but they come in commercial quantities. You may be able to call and ask for smaller quantities. This is about the smallest I’m seeing. Man I think you’d have trouble stuffing 13mm casings without some type of commercial grade machine.

SFLsmkr1

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Dec 25, 2010
I've seen them as small as 13mm. Check with SFLsmkr1, Rick may know where to get them.

Boykjo
Hard to find, just gotta be at the right time. From Dupey equipment in Clive Iowa.
I bought the whole caddy. Have to use a 3/8" OD tube. I have no problem with my LEM 5lb stuffer with metal gears. Trick is to let the mixed meat in the stuffer canister at room temp for about 45 mins.
(no you wont die)

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.