Smothered porkchops

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Alsta

Smoke Blower
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 20, 2021
Perth Amboy, NJ
Last night I decided to make use of some mushrooms that we had picked up -

Started by panfrying some porkchops we had picked up from the big box stores -
20230118_155401.png

20230118_155703.png

While those cooked up, I prepped the rest of the ingredients:
1C Heavy Cream
2C Beef Stock
1t Woosershire
1t Dijon Mustard
5tbl Butter
2tbl flour
6oz sliced mushrooms

once the chops were done, In went the shrooms into the pan to cook in the juices left over:

20230118_161447.png

Once they were cooked up, in went the butter and flour, once they were mixed up, the rest of the ingredients went in - sorry no photos of that as it all happend kinda fast, but here is where the chops and shrooms went back into the bath for a bit:
20230118_162106.png

And finally, the plated shot - Been trying to watch carb intake so no starch sides, and well - the veggies are already in the meal so......
20230118_162642.png

Hope ya'll like!

Looks tasty! I try watching my carb intake as well...but it's usually bite by bite lol!

Ryan

Looks delicious but being from Louisiana that plate needs some rice on it to go with the gravy. Trying to eat lower carb/lower glycemic index I have converted to brown rice.

Hell yeah son. I do the same thing but finish in the oven low and slow. It's also good with round steak (which was the protein I first started using that method on)

Never used dijon but I know it would be good and I'll add a plop next time I make some.

Looks delicious but being from Louisiana that plate needs some rice on it to go with the gravy. Trying to eat lower carb/lower glycemic index I have converted to brown rice.
Will try the brown rice thought - I've had it before just forget about it as we always had white rice in the pantry and the MiL would always provide more whenever she got her hands on some, lol

Hell yeah son. I do the same thing but finish in the oven low and slow. It's also good with round steak (which was the protein I first started using that method on)

Never used dijon but I know it would be good and I'll add a plop next time I make some.

The Dijon gave a nice aftertaste to the gravy - I'll def include it more going forward

Thanks all for the comments - Hopefully I'll remember to take more photos going forward - I get so caught up in the fun of cooking that I forget.....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky