smokinglinda

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokinglinda

Original poster
Nov 26, 2013
Hi. My name is Linda. I am Canadian but live in Australia. I have 2 smokers, a Hark, which is Australian made and I have been using for about a year and a Bradley, which is Canadian made and have only been using for a couple of months. The Bradleys' have only just become available in Adelaide, where I live. I have mostly been making pepperoni sticks but have recently done nuts and cheese. My next project is curing and smoking a ham. Hopefully for New Year's.

Any tips on curing, there is so much information and methods out there on the net.

Welcome to the SMF Family...Linda there is a lot of info on Curing and Ham Curing here. The Go To ham curing info for Newbies comes from Pops. Here is a link to his thread and feel free to PM him with specific questions. He's a great guy. You will need to get started very soon...JJ

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/89979/from-hog-leg-to-easter-ham

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

ReplyQuote  Multi

Hi Linda and welcome to SMF! We have a number of members here from the Land Down Under but I think that you're our first Lady Aussie or should that be CanAussie???

Anyhoo-Chef Jimmy has got you started in the right direction with the link he provided. Be sure to check out the curing section here at SMF, and by all means-if you have questions, ask. We have knowledgeable folks here to help you.

Enjoy the Smoke!

Weclome from your ex-home, Canada!

canada-flag-68.gif

I also smoke on a Bradley I hope you enjoy it.

I only started smoking last year and have had a great experience on this forum. I have learned a lot from the posts, I have been inspired by the smokes and have received great advice from the kind members.

I think you'll like it here, Linda.

Disco

Welcome from south east Saskatchewan Canada, You will find tons of info on this forum. Ask your son too I heard he knows lots about smoking.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky