Smoking with no smoker Part 2

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

the smoke break

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 10, 2013
Mississippi
Once again, the weekend descended on me and I wasn't able to get my smoker finished. Still awaiting some parts, AND the band had a couple shows to do, so time just wasn't in my favor. Also...once again my family wanted me to grill and smoke some food AND my friend whom borrowed my patio smoker for a family event still hasn't returned it. (I'm beginning to think he's trying to keep it...haha), SO like last weekend, I made do with the grill.

Sunday, I cooked some hamburgers, while laying out the other meat I would smoke. As soon as the burgers were finished, I let the other stuff smoke for several hours using Stubbs charcoal and some cherry wood. Among this was some jalepeno/bacon wraps and my very first fatty. 

For the first time fatty, I took hamburger meat and put shredded chedder and swiss cheese. Then I layered on some jalepeno slices, some bacon bits (real bacon bits), and rolled her up. I kept it a naked fatty....no bacon on the outside. Also, I wrapped it in foil to heat up a bit while cooking the burgers. Once the burgers were off and the smoking began...I unwrapped it and let it smoke. Wonderful!!

Also, on Veterans day, I smoked some pork chops and a piece of chicken for the wifey. Good, good. I still want my smoker back, though. Lol.

Bacon Wraps ready to go on....

Fatty....

Ready to Roll...

Fatty and wraps warming up while burgers and dogs are cookin'

Sliced up the fatty

Happy Veterans Day!!!

Those look great, very nice job. Love those ABT's
drool.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky