Smoking Tenderized Hams

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rabbithutch

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Has anyone done this? Can you share do's, don'ts, tips and tricks? Wife bought a bone in tenderized ham on sale last week (she hates turkey) so this will be for Thanksgiving dinner. I'd hate to have an epic fail in front of family and friends.

The ham is precooked so I'd think that paying attention to temperature is a must. Can one be smoked over heat, ie, will there be enough time to get the smoked flavor before the IT is reached, or is this strictly a cold smoke cut?

Any help shall be gratefully received and greatly appreciated

Has anyone done this? Can you share do's, don'ts, tips and tricks? Wife bought a bone in tenderized ham on sale last week (she hates turkey) so this will be for Thanksgiving dinner. I'd hate to have an epic fail in front of family and friends.

The ham is precooked so I'd think that paying attention to temperature is a must. Can one be smoked over heat, ie, will there be enough time to get the smoked flavor before the IT is reached, or is this strictly a cold smoke cut?

Any help shall be gratefully received and greatly appreciated
If it is cured you will have no problem,remember to bring it up to safe eating temp.

Richie

You said it is pre-cooked, so go to Bearcarver's step by step recipes.

Look them up in the search, from there go to double smoked ham.

Follow that and you cannot go wrong, I have done them several times

and they are delicious.

Man, you will have the family and friends bowing to you, the smoking guru.

Wanna hear the best part?

It's the most simple thing in the world.

I'm expecting to hear how great this turned out for you.

Have FUN.

Ed

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky