Smoking some butts on a nice Friday off from the grind!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

radsmoke74

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 21, 2013
Bartow Florida
Thought I would share some pics and post as I go. I soaked these for 24 hrs in Stubbs pork marinade while hitting with a meat tenderizer a cpl times to help get marinade down into the meat. Then I put a dry rub (Everglades Rub), I am using hickory at 225/235 temp give or take. I have a Sam Adams octoberfest beer with equal water in the pan and my pizza stone as a heat deflector. I am thinking these will make some mighty fine pulled pork come dinner time will keep pics a coming!

Last edited:
Off to a good start!
It's seems to off to a good start, yes this is a akorn grill, I know it does not have the rep on the the level as a green egg but I been cooking, grilling, smoking all my life. Grew up in the restaurant business and I got to say this little thing has produce some amazing Q

Last edited:
Nice start , I'm in...
Coffee.gif

Lookin good! I love my igrill! The old lady bought me one last year for my birthday. I've been interested in getting one of the ceramic cookers but the old lady says I've already got 2 smokers and a gas grill why do I need another one? What does she know anyway LOL!!

Otay I'm about 4&1/2 hrs in and got a temp of 158. Smoker is playing nice today and running a steady 231 temp these butts are lookin good! If all keeps heading in the right direction is say there is gonna be a good dinner tonight!

Reactions: crazymoon
Hit a stall at 171 int temp, starting to climb now so looks like stall is over last 1&1/2 int 179 and climbing should not be to much longer now I did wrap in foil and added another bottle to foil of the Stubbs marinade.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky