Smoking Newbie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

stevemckenna

Original poster
Mar 24, 2016
Columbia, SC
Hi everyone,

Name is Steve and I am living in Columbia,SC. Been down south almost 10 years an j have recently picked up s new smoking habit...not cigarettes though. My wife recently bought me s Chargrill duo grill with the offset smoke box. Planning on breaking it in this weekend by smoking a turkey. Any tips or tricks would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Steve

Welcome from the upstate, Steve. It's really good to have you on this great site. Spatchcocking is the very best way to go. I have two chickens on the smoker right now. If you spatch them, they will get done quicker and more evenly.

Good luck and post some pics, Joe

I will look into spatchcocking...honestly never heard of it. I did load a pic of my turkey. Took about 6 hours at 250°. We will reheat it today for Easter dinner

:drool
Excellent turkey q view! Makes me second guess the ham I smoked. . . For a few seconds anyway!

I love doing brick (Spatchcock) chicken on my Webber using indirect. However, I've never tried it with Turkey! You can't miss with Jeff's recipes.

Good luck!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky