Smoking Meat Newsletter - Thanksgiving Edition 2007

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TulsaJeff

Smoke Whisperer
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
Jun 28, 2005
Tulsa, OK
Alright folks.. I hear ya!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_07.gif

I think all 35,000 of you have emailed me today asking about the newsletter and just let me say that it is in the works and will be out early in the morning.

I am sticking to the basics of Thanksgiving this time.. complete instructions on smoking the bird along with several tips and tricks from the SMF on how to get the skin a little crispier at low temps, etc.

I also delve into brining, flavoring and a few other odds and ends.

By popular request.. I am also including a link to some of my favorite Thanksgiving sides recipes.

If you have not subscribed to the newsletter yet, you still have time to do so.

Look for the sign-up form at the top right of each page on the www.smoking-meat.com website.

Might defeat the idea of "NewsLetter" but wouldn't it be lots easier for you to have a newsletter thread and we can just go there and read it? I can't imagine checking 6,000 little boxes to email us every month!

I'm sort of amazed that you (Jeff) are getting the newsletter out at all given the trauma your hands have been through recently. That's some real dedication! THANKS!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

How ARE you healing up?

Hoping and praying that things are "on schedule" for recovery.

I use Aweber which is a paid newsletter service for all signups and sending of the newsletter.

I simply have to write it and then put into their system for sending at whatever time I schedule.

We have about 35,000 subscribers at this moment in time and gaining at about 1000 to 1200 per month. Unfortunately, a lot of those folks are not members of the SMF (yet) and would not see the newsletter if I did not drop it right into their inbox every month.

Thank you
PDT_Armataz_01_29.gif

The hand is doing much better.. gonna be some bad scarring it looks like but I am getting a little faster at typing and able to go without bandages now.

Thanks everyone for all the prayers, kind words, emails and posts.. it means a lot.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky