Smoking in the rain.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

neens

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
Orange, CT
That black dot in the middle there is me, partly cloudy my ***. All vents full open and a rather large fire going temp wont go over 215.

I've been fighting the rain too. Left the house for 15 minutes and that's when it pours. Oh well.

Good luck with your smoke.

just dumped a good 2" of water out of my wheel barrel guess im soaking my sticks today.

Please send some my way.
biggrin.gif

Make that 3, at least earlier. Seems to be moving away and some sun starting to come through. Only lost abot 10', still trucking

Not sure of how safe this is, but when it rains here, I put a piece of plywood over the cooking chamber and another smaller piece over the fire box.

it only heats it up, pretty sure it won't catch.

This is with an offset Brinkmann.

i was wondering what the temp was after all the talk of rain. weather.com says my area is in an excessive heat warning could reach 100+ and feel a few degrees warmer. Didn't have to tell me 2x to come indoors. No wonder i'm having trouble keeping the temp down.

Hope all you down south get some rain soon. Today you could have every drop of it here if I had my way.

I'm about 2.5 hours north from you. It's starting to sprinkle right now. I have about 45 mns left with my turkey breast. Hopefully the rain will hold out just a little bit longer!

The storm does seem to be moving pretty fast the cell moved off a little while ago. Its still raining but just a little now. Storm is moving left to right so it looks like the heavy stuff will miss you.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky