Smoking for no reason?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
icon_cool.gif

Ok there are a couple of things that you need t do. First swing by Roll Call and introduce yourself and your equipment. Then sign up for the E-course it's free and it will give you the basics of smoking meat and alot of other stuff too. There you will find out that all meat smokes differently. Even meats of the same cut will and can cook at very different paces and times. Now you will also learn that we here smoke by temp 90% of the time. We do smoke ribs by time but then there are some basics like the temps that you keep the smoker. So if you will go do parts 1 & 2 and then get back here.

The only time I don't put smoke on it, would be while it's wrapped in foil.

But that is me---And I am what I like to call a "Smoke-Hog".  Kinda like a smoke "fiend"!

Bear

The only time I don't put smoke on it, would be while it's wrapped in foil.

But that is me---And I am what I like to call a "Smoke-Hog".  Kinda like a smoke "fiend"!

Bear
I am with Bear on this one, I smoke until I pull or foil  -

I have actually seen smoke coming out of Bears  ears a couple of times

bear, i think i got ya beat    somtimes while im out doing the yardwork ill fire up the smoker with a heavy load of wood and burn it just smell the smoke    no meat in it

could be a sickness

pineywoods,

Appreciate the information I have alot to learn and as others have commented I could see myself firing up the Smoker outside just for the smell ;).  

Yup!

When I was a kid, there was a huge dump about a mile behind our house (through the woods).

The guy there (Watson Johnson) would call me & a few of my buddies of mine when he was going to push ground with his dozer & light some trash piles.

There was thousands of rats down there. He'd pour kerosene down some rat holes, light the trash piles up, and push areas that weren't burning.

There was usually between 6 & 12 of us with shotguns & 22s blasting away. Rat meat flying all around us.

The smell was awesome---Instead of the usual smell of garbage, there was a combination of Wood Smoke, Fried Rat, and Gun Powder in the air.

I was in heaven!

Why don't they make air fresheners like "Wood Smoke" and "Gun Powder" ???

Bear

Yup!

When I was a kid, there was a huge dump about a mile behind our house (through the woods).

The guy there (Watson Johnson) would call me & a few of my buddies of mine when he was going to push ground with his dozer & light some trash piles.

There was thousands of rats down there. He'd pour kerosene down some rat holes, light the trash piles up, and push areas that weren't burning.

There was usually between 6 & 12 of us with shotguns & 22s blasting away. Rat meat flying all around us.

The smell was awesome---Instead of the usual smell of garbage, there was a combination of Wood Smoke, Fried Rat, and Gun Powder in the air.

I was in heaven!

Why don't they make air fresheners like "Wood Smoke" and "Gun Powder" ???

Bear
Oh yeah! That brought back a few good childhood memories.

We could all benefit from a good old fashion “Rat Killen”, to steal a phrase from the late Jerry Clower   

Bear, you didnt live by Centralia, PA where the underground mine fire has been burning since the 60's? Maybe that guy was the culprit?

Bear, you didnt live by Centralia, PA where the underground mine fire has been burning since the 60's? Maybe that guy was the culprit?

LOL---nope that wasn't here. I saw a program about that years ago---Are those still burning???

We don't kill all the rats!

We leave enough there to put the fire out after we leave & the dozer stops.

Bear

As far as i know they are still burning, do a google on it, tons of info. I would like to go see the town, looks interesting.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky