Smoking Cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Davejr7979

Original poster
Dec 3, 2023
Has anyone ever hot smoked cheese in a pit boss pellet grill. Used to smoke it in my masterbuilt on the lowest setting with a smoke tube. Thinking about adding the tube into the pit boss but does anyone know what temp the smoke setting gets to and can you run it on that setting. Thanks in advance

Has anyone ever hot smoked cheese in a pit boss pellet grill. Used to smoke it in my masterbuilt on the lowest setting with a smoke tube. Thinking about adding the tube into the pit boss but does anyone know what temp the smoke setting gets to and can you run it on that setting. Thanks in advance
My PB1150PS2 runs at 180° on smoke setting. Only cheese I've tried at that temp is cream cheese on a mat.
I have cool smoked cheese with a smoke tube in the bottom of mine. I used a small fan blowing through a empty hopper to keep smoke moving through chamber so I didn't get stale smoke.

Reactions: JLeonard
My PB1150PS2 runs at 180° on smoke setting. Only cheese I've tried at that temp is cream cheese on a mat.
I have cool smoked cheese with a smoke tube in the bottom of mine. I used a small fan blowing through a empty hopper to keep smoke moving through chamber so I didn't get stale smoke.
Not sure what model yours is but mine is a Pit Boss 4 vertical smoker... if worse come to worse I can always leave the door cracked to keep the temp down

I've hot smoked homemade mozzarella sticks on the Kettle using the Vortex. The biggest mistake I made was not freezing them before applying the heat. They still tasted great, but just looked a little deflated.

1711659127362.png

1711659146349.png

Chris

Reactions: 02ebz06
Why the hot smoke?
IMO hot smoking cheese makes a better tasting cheese. Honestly you can eat it right out of the smoker. I just like the method better. I let the smoker between 100 and 130 for about 1.5 hrs flipping every 15 min

IMO hot smoking cheese makes a better tasting cheese. Honestly you can eat it right out of the smoker. I just like the method better. I let the smoker between 100 and 130 for about 1.5 hrs flipping every 15 min
This is a batch of Buffalo Wing cheese hot smoked

Attachments

• 20220101_130946.jpg
    20220101_130946.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 7
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky