Pit boss pb1230 pellet gas combo

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jimklein

Original poster
Jan 17, 2024
I have a Pit boss pb1230 pellet gas combo and wanted to convert it to Wifi. Pit Boss has a Pit Boss Legacy Connected control board that does not show my unit as one that it will work with. When I questioned Pit Boss they said they do not have one that works with my smoker, I asked why wont the Legacy Connected control board not work it looks just like my board. They really had no anwser. Has anyone had success with hooking an aftermarket wifi to a Pit boss 1230?

Reactions: JLeonard
Welcome to the site, I sent them a message about a board for my Autin LX on the temps, never a response back and after 2 weeks the question was pulled from the page, I wont buy anything from them again for it, It was a simple question as I wanted a 275 mine jumps from 250-300, I suspect most of them will work but they don't want to commit to it, they are only so much they need to do.

we Have the newer model of your unit that has the WiFi . honestly if you are techy enough to make an aftermarket one work you’re better off. I have rounds with them about their product. Changed multiple parts they’ve warranted. What they sell is a great idea but none of the models are on the market very long for a reason. i built my cerakote oven and I can’t see why they make it so hard.

we Have the newer model of your unit that has the WiFi . honestly if you are techy enough to make an aftermarket one work you’re better off. I have rounds with them about their product. Changed multiple parts they’ve warranted. What they sell is a great idea but none of the models are on the market very long for a reason. i built my cerakote oven and I can’t see why they make it so hard.
My bigger question about an aftermarket product is will it work with the App? Weather that would be the Pit Boss app or aftermarket app.

Why do you want wi-fi? You can get a wi-fi thermometer to monitor pit temp and meat from your couch. You'll just have to go outside for start up and shut down.

Why do you want wi-fi? You can get a wi-fi thermometer to monitor pit temp and meat from your couch. You'll just have to go outside for start up and shut down.
If it was me, I would want wifi controls. I have them on my Recteq and love it! I can start it from the kitchen and adjust cook temps as I feel like from anywhere. I can even adjust the minimum pellet rate if it running hot and sunny summer day. Not required options, but very nice to have.

I'm sure it is nice, but I personally would not go to the expense/trouble of buying a new board and a rewire so I could start it from my recliner. I have to drag the GMG outside the garage anyway so I can turn it on then. My kettle requires a little more to get it going:)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky