Smoking again - after a 20 year break

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

HotSmoknLove

Original poster
Jan 18, 2019
I live outside of Raleigh NC (Cary), and have found myself between jobs. One of my goals, other than needing to find a job, was to get back into some old hobbies such as smoking great foods. I picked up a Masterbuilt 40in propane smoker at WalMart as a close out for $120, and so far it’s been great. Literally the best TG turkey (Cajun brine and smoked) I’ve ever eaten, and the family agreed. Much pork, and some chickens. Still learning and expect I always will be. Stumbled on this forum today, so looking forward to learning, and hopefully sharing, with others who share the same interests.

welcome to the forum, lots of great people here full of knowledge and very willing to help with any questions you have.

sorry about the job, but congratulations on finding the forum, and your cook. stop by chat and chew the fat when you get a chance

Reactions: smokin peachey
Hi HotSmoknLov!
Welcome to
small-logo.png

No matter what, Ya gotta eat.
So if it's smoked, it'll taste better.

Welcome to the site, happy to have ya join up. I went thru the job hunt process when Digital closed it's doors in the the early 90's. It's not allot of fun. Good luck and happy smoking.

Chris

Good afternoon and welcome from a sunny and slowly warming up East Texas

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky